Sunday, November 28, 2010

20 Week Bumpdate

Over the last several years, I've watched (er, read) many bloggers post weekly "bumpdates" during their pregnancies.  I always thought it was a great idea, but when I found out I was (finally) pregnant, suddenly I was hesitant to do such a thing.  For twenty weeks now, I've been wary of posting anything like that.  It seems like no matter how great every appointment or ultrasound goes, I'm still fearful.  For the longest time I couldn't make myself buy maternity clothes or things for the baby.  I was afraid doing so would jinx this pregnancy somehow, just as posting weekly bumpdates would.

I don't want to look back on this time with a single regret, and I'm determined to enjoy the next twenty weeks rather than worrying through them.  So let the bumpdates begin!

How Far Along: 20 weeks, 4 days
Size of Baby: around 10 inches long and 10.5 ounces
Gender:  Girl!
Movement:  Flutters.  Earlier this week I was concerned because she wasn't moving as much, but she definitely made up for it today.  She has been wiggling constantly! 
Food Cravings:  I could eat grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup every day. 
What I Miss:  Sleeping on my stomach.
Sleep:  Not great.  I'm able to fall asleep quickly, but can't sleep through the night.  Usually I wake up around 3ish and can't go back to sleep.
Symptoms:  Round ligament pain (ouch!) and heartburn.
Best Moment This Week:  Celebrating Thanksgiving with our family and knowing that we'll be celebrating Aniston's first Thanksgiving next year.  What a precious thought!


2 comments:

  1. I can relate to being hesitant to post bump pictures, buy maternity clothes or embrace things realted to pregnancy. However, I took the plunge and decided that I needed to celebrate this child. And, I should not deny myself, my husband, family and friends the JOY to do the same. It's so very hard to jump this hurdle...and if I'm honest with you, I can say that I took a blind leap of FAITH. And I still worry every day just like you do.

    So sorry you are having round ligament pain...Ouch is right! I'm having it too :)

    Keep posting those bump pictures :)

    Much Love and Many Prayers
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete