Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Little One Letters-20 Weeks

Dear Aniston,
  Sweet girl, today is an important milestone in this pregnancy.  I am twenty weeks pregnant with you!  We're halfway there!  I can't believe it.  Time is passing so quickly.  In one way, I want time to slow down just a bit so I can savor every moment of this experience with you.  At the same time, though, I find myself wishing that April would hurry up and get here.  I'm so eager to meet you!  
  I have always loved the hymn, "Great is Thy Faithfulness."  Growing up, I couldn't get enough of those words.  When your daddy and I got married, we chose to use the hymn as part of our wedding music.  It's special to us, and I hope that one day you will understand how very true the words are.  I love the chorus:  Great is Thy faithfulness!  Great is Thy faithfulness!  Morning by morning new mercies I see; All I have needed the Lord hath provided; Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me.   As we longed to have a child, those words never left me.  Even when we lost your sister, even when we were told that you may not be a possibility, I clung to the truth in the words in that hymn. 
  Tomorrow is Thanksgiving.  We have so much to be thankful for, and you are at the top of our list.  You are surely a miracle, little one, and we thank God for you and ask His protection over you every day.  Every time you wiggle, I am reminded of how faithful and loving our God is.  Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me!

We love you so very much,
Mommy

1 comment:

  1. Oh how incredibly precious! I plan to pick up a journal this week and start writing my thoughts in it daily...what our baby is doing, our thoughts about him or her, etc...I just can't pass this beautiful opportunity by :) So happy you are doing the same.

    And so HAPPY you are doing so well :)

    Much Love and Continued Prayers
    xxx

    ReplyDelete