Wednesday, December 22, 2010

24 Weeks!

First, I'm promising myself that I will do better with this.  Somehow life gets busy and I fall behind, but I'm going to make a conscious effort to do this every. single. week. from now on.  It's hard to believe that today marks 24 weeks--only 16 weeks to go! 

How Far Along: 24 weeks, 0 days

Size of Baby: around 12 inches long; weighs a little over 1 pound (It amazes me to think about how thin she is right now!)

Gender:  Girl--Aniston Louise

Movement:  She usually has a few very active days followed by a couple of lazy days.  Those lazy days really scared me at first, but I've realized it's just a pattern of hers for now.  I'm able to feel her move from the outside now.  Bradley hasn't had been able to feel her kick yet.  When I tell him she's moving, she'll completely stop when he puts his hands on my stomach.  Stubborn girl! :)  This morning she was really thumping around, and I was able to see her move once.  Absolutely amazing! 

Food Cravings:  Salad!  Lots and lots of salad!  I'm still loving orange juice.  I'm also still eating tomato soup and a grilled cheese sandwich at least two times a week for dinner.  (Bradley is so tired of that!)  I've also found that many things I didn't like before I was pregnant are now absolutely delicious--like chocolate covered pretzels and salt and vinegar potato chips.

Food Aversions:  Chicken, but only on certain days.
What I Miss:  Sleeping on my stomach and sleeping through the night.
Sleep:  Some nights are pretty good.  Others...not so much.
Symptoms:  Heartburn.  I never leave home without Tums. :)
Best Moment This Week:  Feeling Aniston move from the outside, and actually being able to see her move!

What I'm Looking Forward To:  Taking a giant step and starting on the nursery.


1 comment:

  1. Adrian,

    Your new blog look is amazing! And kudo's to you for committing to a weekly post.

    As for my husband feeling movement, our Little Bunny is just like Anniston and stops when Nicholas puts his hand on my tummy :) Eventually, right!

    So happy that you are starting your nursery, as I'm having difficulties with that. I'm just paranoid I guess, but am starting to think in that direction. One day at a time will get us there.

    Many HUGS and Continued Prayers. Happy 24 weeks! I hit 22 weeks on Monday :)

    ReplyDelete