Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A Merry Little Christmas

Bradley and I had a wonderful Christmas, and I hope you and your family had a merry Christmas as well!  Christmas is always such a special time, but this year I couldn't help but begin looking forward to next year and the Christmases that will follow.  This was our last quiet Christmas morning, our last Christmas to sleep as late as we wanted.  Next year we'll be on Aniston's schedule, and we are so excited!

Christmas is always busy, busy, busy for us.  On Christmas Eve we go to three different places and on Christmas Day we go to two, then host one family Christmas at our home.  It seems like it's a constant rush, and we're never able to spend as much time as we want at each place.

This year, though, was different.  Our area experienced its first White Christmas since 1947!  It started snowing on Christmas morning while we were at my parents' house, and didn't stop until mid-day on Sunday.  We were on our way to my aunt's house for lunch on Christmas, but then turned around.  The snow was beginning to lay on the road, and Bradley was quick to point out that it's not just us anymore.  Since my parents live next door and had made the decision to stay home as well, we had lunch and spent the afternoon with them, Eric, and Chelsea.  We played games, talked, and laughed.  Snow days are so....peaceful.  Outside, the snow is so beautiful and everything is so quiet.  Inside, no one is in a hurry to do anything because you can't go anywhere.

This Christmas was different than anything I had experienced in the past.  While I'm sad that we didn't make it to my aunt's and our dinner with Bradley's family was canceled, I enjoyed our quiet Christmas at home. 

1 comment:

  1. Adrian,

    Wishing you a wonderful new year filled with abundant blessings! So happy your white Christmas was beautiful :) Much love and prayers always as you journey forward to meeting Addison.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete