Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Excited....and Overwhelmed

I am excitedThrilled.  After years of waiting, we're expecting a baby.  And she has a face.  With cute little chubby cheeks.  And a tiny nose.  She has precious little hands with teeny, tiny fingers.  She's no longer just a black and white image to us.  Not saying that the black and white images didn't just thrill my heart, because they did.  But last Wednesday's ultrasound gave us so much more.  She's real.  Perfectly, fabulously real.  

The idea that we'll meet this little girl in less than ten weeks is just incredible.  That's if she's on time. I know that she could be late, but there's the possibility that she could be early.  Early! 

And that possibility brings us to this latest development:

Bradley is flipping out.  It started a couple weeks ago as just a statement of everything that had to be done before Aniston's arrival.   Now, though, it's spiraled into a full-fledged panic.  Honestly, I thought he was going to have a panic attack over paint on Saturday morning.  Paint.  And furniture. 

Now, here's the funny part.  Typically, these roles are reversed.  Bradley is usually the one who doesn't get overwhelmed or in a panic.  That's usually me.  I always have a plan and I always want everything to be perfect, or as close to perfect as I can possibly get.

This, though, is different.  Where Bradley is panicking about the nursery not being ready, I'm just glad we have to put a nursery together.  Where he's worried about our home not being ready for Aniston, I'm thinking that our hearts are already fully prepared for her.  I have no doubt that everything will be ready before she arrives.  The nursery will be decorated and all the little projects Bradley has going on will be finished.


But you know what?  If the nursery isn't ready, if there are projects that are left unfinished, it doesn't matter.  It doesn't matter to me one little bit.  Because that doesn't change the fact that we're having a baby!  A precious, beautiful baby.  

Oh, how blessed we are!

2 comments:

  1. You are married to a wonderful man...I remember when you guys were engaged, and Bradley was so concerned about being able to provide for you, even though you were going to be working as well. As long as you have a few diapers and some onesies you'll be prepared ;) I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete