Thursday, March 17, 2011

36 Weeks

As of yesterday, I am 36 weeks pregnant.  Only four more weeks to go!  I'm amazed by how far along we are.  So much of this still doesn't seem real, and I'm just so grateful that we've been able to have this experience.  I have such mixed emotions right now.  One minute I'm absolutely crazy with excitement over meeting Aniston and the next minute I'm in tears because I am so terrified of something happening to her.  I know it's a (somewhat) irrational fear, but we're this close to finally having a baby.  I just don't want anything to happen.

We have been working hard to get our house ready for her.  I can't believe how much stuff she already has!  We have boxes everywhere!  An entire kitchen cabinet has been taken over by her bottles and things, as well as the hall bath.  I've finally been able to begin taking things out of boxes and removing tags from towels, blankets, bibs, burp cloths, and clothes.  It took me such a long time to feel like I wasn't going to jinx the pregnancy by actually preparing for the baby.  Her room is coming along slowly but surely.  The changing table is ready and we've made up her crib.  The bedding set is so pretty!  (I'll post pictures as soon as everything is finished.....hopefully very, very soon seeing as we only have four weeks left!)  We have a pack and play in our bedroom.  After three years, we finally have a pack and play in our bedroom!! 

Yesterday was my weekly ob appointment.  Everything is still going well.  Aniston's heart rate was 150 and the measurement was perfect.  My blood pressure was lower this time than it had been in the past three weeks.  Although I still have a ridiculous amount of swelling, Dr. H wasn't too terribly concerned since my blood pressure was better.  Another of my fingers have gone numb (my right middle finger) and Dr. H suggested wearing a brace at night to help the carpal tunnel.  Hopefully it will help.  Other than that and the swelling, I can't complain too much.  :)

Last night as we were watching American Idol, it came to me--We'll have a baby before we know who the next American Idol is.  How fantastic is that?!

2 comments:

  1. I love the new picture at the top!!!! And before you know it, it'll be time to make that a newborn pic!!!!!!!!! The next few weeks will fly by, I can't wait to meet Aniston and I want to come see your bedding one afternoon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! Soon enough, you'll be buying milk that won't expire before the baby's born!

    ReplyDelete