Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Preeclampsia?

Today was my weekly ob appointment.  Miss Aniston is doing just fine.  Her heart rate was in the normal range and she measured perfectly for thirty-seven weeks.  Meanwhile, my blood pressure was high again and this time there was protein in my urine.  (I asked Bradley if I should include that little piece of information in this post.  He replied that since I haven't held anything back on here yet, why start now?  Ha!)  Dr. F is afraid I may have developed preeclampsia.  He's putting me out of work for the rest of the week with strict instructions to lay on my side most of the time and rest, rest, rest.  I go back tomorrow for blood work and then I have a follow-up appointment with Dr. F on Friday morning.  We'll discuss the lab results and what to do then.  Hopefully the results will be okay and I'll be able to return to work next week. 

I hate that this is happening, but I'm so thankful that we're at thirty-seven weeks.  Please keep us in your prayers!

3 comments:

  1. Rest sweet girl :) And if you have the slightest headache or feel uncertain head to L&D. It won't hurt, play it safe :)

    So happy you are 37 weeks! I have FAITH that God is going to hold you and Anniston safe in his grasp. Now put those tootsies up and if you don't go back to work that is okay too.

    BIG HUGS
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you'd better start telling Bradley to get all the procrastination stuff done! She's going to be here before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrea-Thank you for the sweet comment!

    Amanda-I know! I'm so excited!

    ReplyDelete