Monday, April 11, 2011

A Few Things

Since I don't have time for full blog posts lately, bullets will have to do.  :)  I've always kept the blog as a kind of journal, and there are so many things going on right now that I just don't want to forget.

  • Life with a newborn is incredibly busy!  Honestly, I feel like we're on one big cycle--We feed Aniston, we change her diaper, I pump while she naps, we wash the bottles and the pump stuff, sit for a few minutes, then it's time to repeat the whole process.  It's wonderful, but exhausting!
  • I'm still working on the second part of her birth story.  It's probably way too detailed and long, but, again, I keep the blog as a journal.
  • Bradley goes back to work tomorrow.  I've enjoyed our family time, and I'm sad to see it end.
  • Aniston went back to the pediatrician for her second visit last Tuesday.  When we left the hospital on the 28th, she weighed 5 pounds 9.5 ounces.  On Tuesday, she was up to 6 pounds 3 ounces!  She had gained back all of her weight, plus one ounce!
  • On Friday we got a call from the hospital saying that they didn't draw enough blood from Aniston and her blood test couldn't be read.  Ugh!  I'm taking her back to the hospital tomorrow to have more blood drawn. :(
  • My two-week post-op appointment was today.  It's crazy to think that we're still two days away from Aniston's due date, and I had a post-op appointment today!  Dr. A said the incision looked pretty good overall, but had pulled apart in one place.  I already suspected that.  He wasn't too concerned about it and said it should heal on its own without any problems.  He also gave me a prescription for birth control pills.  Ha!  Birth control will help to lessen the symptoms of PCOS, and I had planned to go back on it for that reason anyway, but it was still such a funny feeling walking out of the office with a birth control prescription.  As Dr. A flipped through my chart and asked me what kind I was on before, I laughed and told him that it had been nearly four years--four years!--since I had last taken birth control pills.  I couldn't even remember the name of the medicine. 
Life is busy, but wonderful!  That's all for now!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment