Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Two Months!

Weight: 9 pounds 4 ounces (as of 5/12/11--50th percentile)

Height: 21 3/4 inches (as of 5/12/11--50th percentile)

Clothing Size: Aniston is still wearing newborn clothing.  Anything bigger absolutely swallows her at this point, but I think she'll soon outgrow the newborns length-wise.

Diapers:  She's still wearing newborn diapers.

Feeding: Aniston eats three to four ounces every three hours during the day.  At night she's beginning to go for longer stretches between feedings.  Breastfeeding didn't work out for us, so I'm pumping and giving the milk to her in a bottle.  Precious girl doesn't miss a meal, and she loves to eat!  She fits in well around here. ;)
 
Hair/Eyes:  Aniston has old man hair right now.  It's really thick around the bottom, but pretty much nonexistent on top.  She's lost hair on the top of her head and in one spot where she constantly lays on it.  I still can't decide what color it's going to be.  It seems to be darker at the bottom but is lighter toward the top, and, in some light, it has almost a reddish tint.  Her eyes are still dark, but are beginning to lighten.

Sleep:  Aniston is beginning to sleep for longer periods of time at night.  Thank goodness!  She's consistently sleeping for about five hours, then waking up for a diaper change and bottle.  She usually goes back to sleep without any trouble.  She's still sleeping a lot during the day, with her longest naps being in the morning.

Likes/Dislikes:  Aniston still loves her swing.  She's recently discovered the mobiles on the swing and the pack and play, and she loves watching the animals.  She loves to go outside.  Aniston still doesn't like tummy time, but we're working on it.  Bath time is beginning to improve, slowly but surely.

Fun Stuff:  This month Aniston started social smiling!  Bradley and I were so excited when she really smiled for the first time.  She is a very happy baby.  She's usually not fussy but when she does begin to cry, it's usually a quick fix. 

Mommy's Point of View:  
   I can't believe she's two months old already!  It seems like time is flying.  I'm still on maternity leave.  My eight weeks of actual sick leave ended on May 23, but I opted to take personal days until the end of the school year.  I will be going back on the teacher work days to pack up my classroom on June 10, and will work for five days before being on summer break.  I'm so thankful to have all this time with Aniston.
   Everything has changed now.  Things are wonderful, but nothing is simple anymore!  It takes us forever to get everything ready to go somewhere.  There's not much spontaneity with a baby....Even trips to the grocery store have to be planned carefully and timed according to her schedule.  It's worth it, though.  :)
  I've struggled with breastfeeding.  Aniston wouldn't latch on and breastfeeding was a pretty miserable experience for everyone involved.  Aniston would scream, I would cry, and Bradley didn't know what to do with either one of us.  When she was around two weeks old, we made the decision that I would stop trying to breastfeed and begin exclusively pumping.  I'm not a fan of pumping.  It's time consuming and inconvenient.  I've done it for two months now, but I'm not sure how much longer I'll continue.  I would like to quit, but at the same time I feel that quitting would be a selfish decision.  I have plenty of milk (TMI, I know) so if I choose to quit, it would be only because I want to, not because I have to.  My doctor thinks I'm crazy for going through the trouble of pumping.  The pediatrician thinks I'm a saint for doing it.  I'm still not sure who's right.

No comments:

Post a Comment