Thursday, July 28, 2011

Four Months!

As of Monday, Aniston Louise is four months old!

Weight:  13.5 lbs. (home weight--no appointment with the pediatrician this month)

Height:  around 24 inches (home measurement--no appointment with the pediatrician this month)

Clothing Size:  She's still wearing mostly 0-3 month/Carters 3 clothing but is beginning to wear some 3-6 month outfits.  She's outgrown most of her 0-3 month footie pajamas and a couple of dresses.  She seems to be outgrowing things length-wise faster than width-wise. 

Diapers:  Size 1

Feeding:  Aniston has started eating six ounces during feedings this month.  She eats every four hours during the day and doesn't usually wake up during the night.  We're feeding her mostly formula, but she has a bottle or two of frozen breastmilk every day.

Hair/Eyes:  Aniston's eyes are still blue.  Her hair is a light brown with a reddish tint.  It has really grown this month!

Sleep:  Aniston is still sleeping through the night!  We've had two "off" nights this month, but those were solved with a bottle (once) and her pacifier.  Her bedtime is usually between 8-10pm, and she normally wakes up between 6-8am.  She's still taking two long naps every day--in the morning and in the late afternoon--and catnaps in between.  I haven't been a stickler as far as a nap schedule goes.  I've been just taking her cues, and it's worked well for us so far. 

Likes/Dislikes:  She still likes the swing, but not as much now that she's able to control her head well--she wants to be up and looking around!  She has two favorite toys--a puppy and a giraffe.  She likes mirrors.  She still loves to go outside.  She's paying a lot of attention to Lucy and Ethel and likes for them to come close to her.  Aniston still doesn't have much of a tolerance for tummy time (at this rate, she's not going to roll over until she's five. Ha!), but loves to lay on blankets in the floor on her back.  She's most "talkative" then.

Fun Stuff:   
--Aniston holds her head up so well now!
--She's growing and learning every day.  It's amazing to watch how quickly she's changing.
--Aniston coos and squeals constantly!
--In the last two days, she's reached for me once and Bradley once.  Talk about melting your heart!!
--She smiles constantly and laughs out loud.
--She licks everything.
--She's started drooling and continues to blow bubbles.

Mommy's Point of View: 
    I stopped pumping almost two weeks ago, and can't believe how much better I feel!  I know that giving Aniston breastmilk was important, but I (kind of) wish I would have stopped sooner.  I'm able to actually fully enjoy being a mommy now.  I loved it before, but pumping was such a burden.  Our lives revolved around it.  It was just time consuming and, for me, stressful.  I love being able to wake up in the mornings and spend time reading books and playing with Aniston after I feed her.  Before, I had to rush to pump as soon as she finished her bottle.  My day now revolves around her, not pumping, and I love that.  I was also having a lot of anxiety and was on the verge of having to take medication for it.  Since I stopped pumping, most of that has gone away.  I feel like I'm a better mommy to Aniston now....even if she's not getting breastmilk. 
   I'm fairly certain that we have the best baby in the world.  (I may be slightly biased. Ha!)  Really, she's wonderful.  Aniston is the easiest, happiest baby!  She just goes along with whatever we're doing and is usually fine with it.  She doesn't cry much at all and is rarely fussy.  She's sleeping between eight and ten hours a night.  She eats well.  She's healthy.  She's just....perfect!
   Life is so wonderful right now.  This little girl has changed everything, and we are so blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment