Monday, August 15, 2011

Catching Up

Remember when I promised to blog daily?  Needless to say, it didn't happen.  Honestly, I just don't have time.  I really wish I did.  I feel like every day with Aniston needs to be recorded, and I would love to share it with all of you, but I just never seem to get around to it.  Life is just so busy and, with school starting back next week, I'm afraid it's going to only get busier.  Sigh.  I'll keep trying to blog more often.

What's been going on around here lately?  Lots!

--Aniston went to the pediatrician on Tuesday afternoon for her four month well-check.  (I would love for her well-checks to be on her actual monthly birthday, but that's another post entirely.)  She weighed 13 pounds 14.5 ounces and was 24 inches long.  She's in the 50th percentile for both weight and height.  We were given the go-ahead to introduce her to cereal, fruits, and veggies!  So exciting!

--We gave her rice cereal for the first time on Tuesday night.  She hated it.  (Really, though, can you blame her?)  She actually shuddered every time we gave it to her.  We kept offering it to her, and she continued to shudder and spit.  Finally, we gave up on the rice cereal and moved on to bananas, which she loves! She's only eating one tablespoon of food once or twice a day. Since they recommend waiting a few days between different foods to make sure there's not an allergic reaction, she has only had bananas at this point.  I'm looking forward to her trying different things!

--Bradley's 30th birthday was Friday!  I had been planning for months to have a big party, but he declined my offer so we celebrated with dinner out instead.

--Aniston started blowing raspberries today!  She thought it was so funny and did it constantly.  (Funny story--My grandparents live behind us.  Bradley was working in the yard this evening and Papaw walked out to talk to him.  Bradley tells him that Aniston is blowing raspberries and he should see her.  A little while later, Mamaw and Papaw are knocking at the door because "Aniston is blowing blueberries" and they want to see it.  Thinking that they've made a mistake in the wording, I tell them it's called blowing raspberries, not blueberries, and invite them in.  They're playing in the floor with Aniston when Mamaw says, "Well, I don't see any raspberries, either".  Then I understood--they thought I was feeding her raspberries (well....blueberries) instead of her nightly bananas!  I had to do some quick explaining!)

I'm trying to soak up the last bit of summer before I go back to work on Thursday.  I can't believe it's nearly over!  Where has the time gone?!

1 comment:

  1. Dunno if it helps any, but Jacob wouldn't eat the cereal at first either...but since its ok for them to have a small amount of juice a day (that he also will not drink) I started making the cereal with apple juice and he loves it!

    ~R.B.

    ReplyDelete