Friday, August 5, 2011

One Year Ago

One year ago today, we found out we were expecting Aniston. 

As Bradley and I snuggled with her this morning, marveling once again about how absolutely perfect she is, we talked about that day.  Everything about that morning is still so fresh in my memory, and I hope it stays that way.  I remember the feeling of utter despair I had when I thought the test was negative.  I remember returning to bed, tearfully telling Bradley it was negative, and desperately trying to think of some way we could afford another month of treatment.  I remember how amazed I was when I glanced at the test later on and saw that it was positive, and the feeling of nervousness as I waited for the results of a second test.  After the second test was positive, I made three phone calls--the first to REACH, the second to my parents, the third to Kesha.  I remember exactly where I was standing when I talked to each person.  I got ready quicker than I ever have in my life, and we made it to REACH for blood work in record time.  Bradley and I went to work on my classroom while we waited on the results, and Kesha was there, too.  After working in my room for a while, Bradley and Kesha were moving furniture in her classroom when the nurse from REACH called with the results.  As I smooshed myself against the window to get a cell signal, the nurse told me the best news of my life--I was pregnant!  After that, things are a bit of a blur.  It's funny to me that everything up until that point is crystal clear, but after...not so much.  The next day I wrote this post for the blog.

What an amazing year it has been! 

No comments:

Post a Comment