Sunday, September 25, 2011

Dear Aniston

Dear Aniston,
Six months ago today, at 6:43 pm, you came into our lives with a huge yawn and a teeny tiny cry.  In that moment I found more joy than I had ever known before, and I thought my heart would burst with love for you.  We finally had you, the child we had prayed for for so long,  in our arms.  You brought us so much joy on that day, and you have filled our lives with joy every day since then.

The past six months have passed so quickly.  I want time to stop, just for a moment, so I can soak it all in.  You are changing by the day.  Your daddy and I looked at pictures yesterday from when you were first born.  You were so tiny!  You seemed so fragile.  I think back on that time and laugh.  Your daddy and I didn't have a clue what we were doing, and we were so scared of doing something wrong.  You have taught us both so much in the little time we've had together. 

I love you so, so much.  This love is like nothing I've ever experienced before.  My life has always been filled with love--for your daddy, for our family, for my friends--but the love I have for you is a different kind.  This love is fierce and protective.  It's the kind of love you that makes you cry when you think about just how much you love someone.  This love is deep, powerful, and never-ending.  I think you know how much you're loved, but I promise to keep telling you so you won't ever forget. 

You are so special, Aniston Louise.  You are everything that your daddy and I dreamed of and more.  We have been blessed beyond measure.

Happy half birthday, sweet girl.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment