Sunday, September 25, 2011

Six Months!

Aniston's half-birthday was on September 25!

Weight:16lb 8oz--60th percentile (as of appointment on 10/4)

Height: 25.5 inches--50th percentile (as of appointment on 10/4)

Clothing Size:  3-6 months.

Diapers:  Size 2

Feeding:  Aniston is still eating six ounces of formula every three hours during the day.  Sometimes she'll go a little longer, but not often.  We've tried to offer her more formula during feedings, but she won't eat it.  We're still giving her frozen breastmilk here and there.  (I'm guilty of often choosing to mix a bottle of formula even though we still have plenty of breastmilk frozen.  It's just so much easier.)  Aniston absolutely loves food!  This month we've introduced sweet potatoes, green peas, peaches, and carrots.  We're following our pediatrician's guidelines and still only giving her small amounts, but she would like more.  She still loves oatmeal and bananas.  She did really well with carrots (much better than I expected) and has been doing a little better with green beans.  They're still not her favorite, but she tolerates them.  We haven't found anything that she just doesn't like at all--she'll even eat rice cereal now as long as we mix in some kind of fruit (usually peaches).  I'm glad that (so far) she's not a picky eater.
 
Hair/Eyes:  Aniston's eyes are blue.  Her hair is a light brown with a reddish tint. 

Sleep:  Aniston is still a great sleeper.  She has been going to bed around 8:30 and gets up around 7:30.  She usually takes two long naps during the day, and a couple of cat naps as well.

Likes:  
  --Baths
  --Being outside
  --Riding the golf cart with Great Mamaw Louise and Great Papaw Coy
  --Music
  --Watching Lucy and Ethel
  --Her jumper
  --Toys that make noise

Dislikes:  
  --Diaper changes
  --Her swing
  --The carseat


Fun Stuff:   
--Aniston continues to blow raspberries....and thinks it's hilarious to do it with food in her mouth.
--Aniston rolled over for the first time on September 3!  She went from her back to her belly, which is supposedly the hardest way.  She still doesn't like to be on her tummy, though, so once she rolls over it's only a matter of time before she begins to cry.  We'll flip her back over, and then she'll do it all over again.  It's a tiring process, especially at 3:30 in the morning.  I'm sure she'll figure out how to roll from her belly to her back soon....or at least I hope so!
--Aniston started sitting up without help on September 17.  She looks so big when she's sitting up!

Mommy's Point of View:  What I've Learned in the First Six Months
--I'm capable of more love than I ever thought possible.  I only thought I knew love before--for Bradley, my family, my friends--but this kind of love surpasses all of  those.
--I'm usually a quiet, don't-rock-the-boat kind of person, especially around people I don't know.  I've learned that I can be very pushy and demanding when it comes to Aniston and her well-being, even if it means embarrassing myself a little.  (Like when a sick kid came and sat in the well waiting room at the children's clinic.)
--I've learned that being a mommy is a humbling experience.  I've changed a very poopy diaper (and clothes...sigh) in a restroom that didn't have a changing table.  I've left a restaurant with spit-up on my shirt and all the way down my pants. 
--I've learned that I am much stronger and more capable than I ever gave myself credit for.
--I've learned what real, true fear is.  When Aniston stopped breathing that day in April, I learned what it truly meant to be afraid.
--I've learned that long showers are a thing of the past.
--I've learned that it really is the little things in life that mean the most.
--I've learned to never say "I'll never...".
--I've learned that laundry with a baby never ends.
--I've learned that the simple things in life really do matter the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment