Saturday, December 31, 2011

Looking Back at 2011

2011 can probably go down in the books as the best year of my life.  I've been happy before, but never as happy as I've been throughout this year.  There have been struggles and bad days here and there, but 2011 has really been a wonderful year!  Just like I did last year in this post, I'm going to look back over our last year month by month.

January
--We had lots of snow. 
--Brandon and Emily got married.
--I marveled at only having 99 days until Aniston's due date.

February
--The highlight of February was the 4D ultrasound!
--We celebrated Valentine's Day by attending our first childbirth class.

March
--On March 13 I wrote this post about having 31 days until Aniston's due date.  Little did we know....
--I went for my appointment on Wednesday, March 23 and was put on bed rest.  Before we went home that day, I went to Hobby Lobby and grabbed a lamp I'd had my eye on for the nursery.  That was the last thing I would buy before I was a mommy to an outside baby!
--On March 25 our precious miracle arrived via emergency c-section at 37 weeks due to preeclampsia.  It was truly the best day of our lives.  I laughed and Bradley and Kesha cried--just like our wedding day!  You can revisit Aniston's birth story here and here.

April
--I celebrated my 27th birthday on the same day we celebrated Aniston's one-week birthday.  I love that our birthdays are exactly one week apart!
--Aniston's first ER visit was on April 20.  So very scary--not a fun day at all.

May
--We celebrated with Brandon and Emily at their second wedding.  This was the first time we'd left Aniston with anyone for any length of time.

June
--My nephew, Colton, was born! 
--I went back to work for a few teacher workdays at the end of school. 
--We took Aniston to the beach for the first time at the end of the month.


July
--After much crying, praying, and thinking, I gave up on pumping.  Turns out, that was the best decision.
--Bradley and I celebrated our fifth wedding anniversary!

August
--Bradley turned 30!
--A new school year started. 

September
--We celebrated Aniston's half-birthday!

October
--We went to the pumpkin patch.
--We went to a Halloween party.
--We had fun taking Aniston trick-or-treating for the first time!
--All of our October fun is recorded here.

November
--We celebrated our first Thanksgiving as a family of three.  We went to Bradley's parents' for lunch and then hosted Thanksgiving dinner at our house for my family.
--We went to the mountains to get a Christmas tree.  It was a perfect day--beautiful and sunny, not too cold.  We enjoyed spending the time together and had lunch at a little Italian restaurant. 
--Aniston started crawling at the very end of the month!

December
--Aniston started pulling up and crawling really well.
--We celebrated Aniston's first Christmas.  We had so much fun with family and friends!
--I was off work for Christmas break.  Aniston and I had lots of fun getting ready for Christmas.  After Christmas was over, Bradley took a couple of days off and we spent time together as a family.  When Bradley went back to work, Aniston and I spent the rest of the week shopping and going to lunch with friends. 

It had been such an amazing, beautiful year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment