Thursday, June 21, 2012

Blog Challenge Day One: Introduction, 15 Random Facts, Recent Picture



Introduction
I feel a little silly introducing myself on my own blog, but I realize people who don't know me may be reading, so I'll follow the directions.  :)

I'm Adrian.  I met my husband, Bradley, the summer before my senior year of high school.  After we went on the worst first date ever, he eventually asked me out again and we've been together ever since. :)  We were married in 2006.  Our daughter, Aniston, was born in March 2011.  I started this blog in May of 2009 after we lost our first baby.  The first post still breaks my heart a little when I read it.  I've blogged about years of fertility treatments, a long-awaited pregnancy, and, now, life with our sweet Aniston.  :)

Fifteen Random Facts About Me
*From what I've read, these are supposed to be random things that you wouldn't know by reading the blog.  Hmm...*

1.   I love lists.  I make them all the time, and they are everywhere--on the fridge, in my bag, at work, in random drawers...everywhere. 
2.  Even more than I love making lists, I love crossing things off of them.  There's just some sort of strange satisfaction that comes along with it.
3.  I have a ridiculous fear of going in banks and gas stations and avoid both as much as possible.
4.  I can't bear to erase pictures from memory cards even if I've printed or saved them.  I just buy new memory cards.  This annoys Bradley to no end.
5.  I eat popcorn for dinner on a fairly regular basis.
6.  I broke my ankle while I was in college by tripping over a water hose...while dancing...right after Bradley finished washing my car...on New Year's Day.
7.  The orthopedic surgeon who put lots of plates, pins, and screws in my mangled ankle told me I should come up with a better story.  Lie, he said.
8.  My birthday is my favorite holiday.
9.  I met one of my best friends, Kesha, in college.  Our birthdays are within the same week. It's a match made in heaven and requires a week long celebration.  Some years are more obnoxious than others.
10.  I met my other best friend, Emily, in college as well.  Emily has put up with our obnoxious birthday celebrations (among other things) for years, and has never once told us no--even when we insisted on wearing crowns to dinner.  That says a lot.
11.  Aniston's birthday is exactly one week before mine. 
12.  I've now used four (five, counting this one) facts talking about my birthday....which proves #8 to be true.
13.  I'm a second grade teacher, and I love my job.  I can't imagine doing anything else.
14.  I can't make decisions--even small ones--without major deliberation. 
15.  I put ketchup on almost everything. 

Recent Picture
Honestly, I don't think I have a really recent picture of myself.  I'll try to post one sometime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment