Monday, August 13, 2012

Back to School Nesting

It's my last week of summer break.  Every year at this time, I feel this huge urge to get everything in our house clean and organized.  It's the same feeling I had right before Aniston was born, so I've decided it's a form of nesting. :)  Last night I made a list of projects I want to finish before I go back.  My list is loooong. 

What have I done all summer?!  Why didn't I do all these things before now?!

(Answer: I've played with Aniston, gone to lunch with friends, had playdates, gone to the beach, read books, watched entire seasons of shows on Netflix, blogged, spent ridiculous amounts of time on facebook and twitter and reading other blogs....that about sums it up. Ha! ;))

This morning Aniston and I cleaned out her closet and put away clothes she has outgrown.  (Well...I cleaned out the closet while Aniston pulled clothes out as quick as I put them in the box.)  I can't believe how much she's grown...and how many clothes she has.    It's unreal, and we repeat this process every three months or so.  Crazy!  I finished around lunchtime and marked that off my list.  (I LOVE marking things off of to-do lists!)

I promised myself I would be super-productive during naptime today, but here I am blogging instead.  Oops! Oh well! It will all get finished, right? ;)

1 comment:

  1. We've been going through a little of this too! I'd love for you to come link up this post at the Mommy-Brain Mixer, which is happening right now! TONS of moms to meet and stories to read. :) http://two-in-diapers.blogspot.com/2012/08/mommy-brain-mixer-4.html

    ReplyDelete