Monday, September 10, 2012

Life Lately

It's week three of the school year.

The first week, I did pretty well.  All my the-summer's-nearly-over-and-my-house-needs-to-be-spotless-before-I-go-back-to-work cleaning paid off, and other than tidying up every night before bed, nothing really had to be done.  I cooked dinner every night that week.  Laundry didn't pile up at all.  My classroom was organized and running smoothly, home was organized and running smoothly, and life was completely under control.

((Enter last week.))

Last week was an interesting week.  I got a student teacher, which was a little unexpected. (It's going to work out great, by the way, although I do feel kind of bad that he has to do his student teaching in a classroom with a zebra theme.  Oops.)  I worked until after five every day and brought things home to work on, too.  I ignored the house.  Clothes hampers nearly overflowed.  "Cooking dinner" consisted of making Hamburger Helper or turkey sandwiches. 

Somehow, even with the weekend in between, the chaos has carried over to this week.  My classroom is still organized and running smoothly, but home?  Not so much. 

I need to find a balance again.  I need to find more energy.  I need to hire a cleaning service.  (Ha! Kidding...kind of.)  I mean, really.  There are just not enough hours in the day.  Not to mention the fact that I'd just rather play with Aniston when I get home instead of doing anything else.  I keep thinking, "Today, I'll catch up,"...but it just hasn't happened yet.  Sigh.  One day I'll get it all under control.

Until then, though, I'm going to love life for what it is right now.  It's a little chaotic and sometimes messy, but it's also beautiful and happy and fun.  And that, friends, is what it's all about in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment