Sunday, October 21, 2012

Our Weekend

Our weekend was wonderful!  My only complaint is, like always, it didn't last nearly long enough.

Bradley and I went on a date on Friday.  He arranged for his parents to keep Aniston for the night.   Our date consisted of going out to dinner and grocery shopping.  I never imagined I would consider dinner and groceries a "date".  It made me feel a little sad and really old, but also very...content.  Oh, how life changes as you grow up!  Haha! We had a great night together.

Aniston had fun with Papaw Barry and Mamaw Sandy.  She went out to dinner, went toy shopping (where she didn't get anything because she pushed everything away), and had her fill of all sorts of yummy stuff. When it was bedtime, though, she decided that she was not going to go to sleep.  Ever.  Bradley called to check on her and she was crying.  Bradley's parents are wonderful, and I know Aniston would have been perfectly fine, but it broke my heart to know she was upset. After thinking about it for half a second, we abandoned the idea of having a night to ourselves and sleeping in on Saturday. We went and picked her up. She ended up sleeping in our bed and woke up at 7:20. Instead of grumbling, we snuggled her and talked about how blessed we are. That beats sleeping in any day.

The church Halloween party was on Saturday night.  We dressed our little ladybug up and had so much fun!  We learned that cocktail weinies (the ones in ketchup and grape jelly and all sorts of other weird stuff) are a favorite of Aniston's.  Our sweet girl had a great time and was a super sticky mess by the end of the night.  Last Halloween she didn't know anything about candy. This year is a different story.

At church this morning, we sat with Nana and Papa.  Church is always an adventure with Aniston.  You never know whats going to happen, and you have to be on your toes!  Between trying to keep Aniston from diving under the pew to snatch Chelsea's bag and Papa rolling a toy to Aniston to which Aniston responds--loudly--"Roll, roll, roll!", today was no exception. I just think about when Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me," and hope that everyone else is thinking the same thing! She's just a happy little girl who doesn't understand quite yet that there are times you have to be quiet.  During Sunday school, Nana and Papa had the nursery and little Sunday school class.  That's just one more way Aniston has changed my daddy--I never, ever thought he'd be the church nursery type.  We spent the rest of the day playing and watching football. It wasn't too exciting, but it was so nice to have a do-nothing kind of day.

I hope y'all had a great weekend too!

1 comment:

  1. I happened to "stumble" over to your blog and how funny that my last post was all about our weekend not being long enough either! Maybe we need to start an initiate to mandate three day weekends every week. I absolutely LOVE all your bright colors. Just popping in over here just made me feel happy. Your princess is a doll! Can't wait to start following along!

    ReplyDelete