Monday, November 12, 2012

Getting Ready for Christmas: Holiday Food Ideas



I am SO EXCITED about Christmas this year!  My Christmas list is halfway finished already (whoohoo!) and I'm making plans and lists for decorations and craftiness.  I'm a firm believer in not decorating for Christmas before Thanksgiving, but there's nothing wrong with a little planning! ;)



Leslie is doing a Getting Ready for Christmas series this week, and I'm linking up!  Today is all about Christmas recipes, so here are a couple of my favorites.

 
Little Ham Biscuits with Poppy Seeds
 

These are by far my favorite Christmas pick-up!  Mamaw Louise makes them every Christmas Eve and I'm pretty sure I could eat the entire pan by myself. 
 
Ingredients:
  • 2 packages Pepperidge Farm party rolls (mini size)
  • 8 oz sliced ham
  • 6 oz Swiss cheese
  • 1 stick margarine (melted)
  • 1 1/2 Tbs. poppy seeds
  • 1 1/2 Tbs. mustard
  • 1 t. onion flakes
  • 1 1/2 t. Worcestershire sauce
 
Directions:
  • Cut the rolls in half without breaking them apart.
  • Put a layer of ham and cheese on the bottom part of the rolls still left in the pan.  Put the top back on. 
  • Mix the margarine, poppy seeds, mustard, onion flakes, and Worcestershire sauce together. 
  • Pour the mixture over the rolls.
  • Refrigerate overnight or at least two to three hours.
  • Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
 
Rollo Pretzel Bites


Y'all.  If you have not tried these, you have to make them soon.  I wrote about them here, and have loved them ever since!
 
Ingredients:
  • Rollos
  • Square Pretzels
Directions:
  • Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper. 
  • Place pretzel squares on the parchment paper.
  • Put one Rollo on top of each pretzel.
  • Warm in the oven just long enough for the Rollos to get just a little gooey.  
  •  Smush (that's a technical term, by the way) another pretzel on top of the Rollo.  Be gentle, though, or you'll have a smushed Rollo mess!
  • Put in cute bags to give as gifts.  Or put them in an airtight container and eat them all yourself.  That's what I did. ;)
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness...both of these sound so good! I am obsessed with those ham rolls...now I want them. :) Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete