I am SO EXCITED about Christmas this year! My Christmas list is halfway finished already (whoohoo!) and I'm making plans and lists for decorations and craftiness. I'm a firm believer in not decorating for Christmas before Thanksgiving, but there's nothing wrong with a little planning! ;)
Leslie is doing a Getting Ready for Christmas series this week, and I'm linking up! Today is all about Christmas recipes, so here are a couple of my favorites.
These are by far my favorite Christmas pick-up! Mamaw Louise makes them every Christmas Eve and I'm pretty sure I could eat the entire pan by myself.
- 2 packages Pepperidge Farm party rolls (mini size)
- 8 oz sliced ham
- 6 oz Swiss cheese
- 1 stick margarine (melted)
- 1 1/2 Tbs. poppy seeds
- 1 1/2 Tbs. mustard
- 1 t. onion flakes
- 1 1/2 t. Worcestershire sauce
- Cut the rolls in half without breaking them apart.
- Put a layer of ham and cheese on the bottom part of the rolls still left in the pan. Put the top back on.
- Mix the margarine, poppy seeds, mustard, onion flakes, and Worcestershire sauce together.
- Pour the mixture over the rolls.
- Refrigerate overnight or at least two to three hours.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
Rollo Pretzel Bites
Y'all. If you have not tried these, you have to make them soon. I wrote about them here, and have loved them ever since!
- Square Pretzels
- Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Place pretzel squares on the parchment paper.
- Put one Rollo on top of each pretzel.
- Warm in the oven just long enough for the Rollos to get just a little gooey.
- Smush (that's a technical term, by the way) another pretzel on top of the Rollo. Be gentle, though, or you'll have a smushed Rollo mess!
- Put in cute bags to give as gifts. Or put them in an airtight container and eat them all yourself. That's what I did. ;)