Saturday, December 1, 2012

Dear Aniston: 50 Things I Want You to Know

1.  Your daddy and I love you more than you will ever know

2.  As much as Daddy and I love you, God loves you more.  Amazing, isn't it?

3.  Pray often.

4.  Enjoy life.  There's beauty in the everyday things.

5.  Miracles happen.  I know, because you are one.

6.  The best things in life aren't things.

7.  I may not have all the answers, but come to me.  If I don't know, we'll find out together.

8.  Never lose the spunk you have right now.  It's going to serve you well in life.

9.  Bad days happen.  Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and know that tomorrow will be better.

10.  You are smart.

11.  Be open-minded.

12.  Don't be a damsel in distress.  You're more than capable of saving yourself.

13.  You have made me happier than anything else in my whole entire life.

14.  Actions speak louder than words.

15.  Be kind to others. 

16.  You are going to roll your eyes at lots of things I do and say.

17.  You're going to be shocked one day when you're in your twenties and find yourself doing or saying those same things.  Trust me, it happens to everyone.

18.  Save money, but don't obsess over it.

19.  Relationships are not fairy tales.  Even the man you think is Prince Charming can act like a frog some days. 

20.  Anything worth having is worth working for.

21.  You can do anything.

22.  At some point, I'll disappoint you.  It breaks my heart to think that this will probably happen more than once.  When it happens, forgive me.

23.  Always do your best.  That's all anyone will ever ask of you.

24.  Stand up for what you believe in.

25.  There will be a time when you think I don't understand.  Chances point to, I do.

26.  Always make time for your great-grandparents and grandparents.  You'll cherish those memories forever.

27.  Find something to laugh about every day.

28.  Never give up.

29.  Find a career you love.  Don't think about the money.

30.  Be careful with your words.

31.  God has a plan for you.

32.   Take time to appreciate beautiful things. 

33.  Family traditions are important.

34.  Motherhood gives you an excuse to be a little crazy sometimes.  Bear with me.

35.  Don't take things too seriously.

36.  You can always trust me.

37.  If at first you don't succeed, try again.  And again and again, if necessary.

38.  I am proud of you.

39.  Listen to the stories your great-grandparents and grandparents tell. 

40.  I would do anything for you.

41.  You are important.

42.  Have fun.

43.  There is nothing you could ever do to make me love you less.

44.  Be creative. 

45.  Friends are the family you choose for yourself.  Choose wisely, and cherish them.

46.  Take lots of photographs.  As you get older, you'll see the value in this.

47.  Be a problem solver.

48.  Find something you love to do, and always make time for it.

49.  You will always be our baby.

50.  No matter what happens, you can always come home.

1 comment:

  1. Love this! I might have to steal this idea for T & K!

    ReplyDelete