Saturday, April 27, 2013

Why I Blog


Instead of Confessional Friday, Leslie is hosting a "Why I Blog" link-up.  Since I'm always so interested in why people started their blogs, I thought it would be fun to join in!

A Little Background
I started blogging in May 2009.  Bradley and I had been married for two--almost three--years.  We had been trying to start a family for over a year, had started fertility treatments in February, miraculously conceived the same month, then lost our baby in April. 

Why did I start blogging?
I started blogging because, in short, I didn't know what else to do.  I had all these emotions and thoughts and everything was just so difficult.  Life was painful and I needed an outlet, a place where I could vent and say all the things that were too hard to say out loud.  I also knew we had family and friends who were wondering what was going on, but were afraid to ask.  I wanted a place to document the good, the bad, and even the ugly.

Through the blog, I've shared our life with family, friends, and, ultimately, people I've never met, too!I've blogged through years of fertility treatments, my pregnancy with Aniston, and, now, our life with her. 

Why do I continue to blog?
I blog to remember things. 
I love looking back through the blog.  Some posts are happy, some are sad, but they chronicle our life.  I love that those memories are there for me to revisit any time I want. Reading the happy posts always makes me smile, but I treasure the sad posts, too.  They help me remember where we've been, how merciful and good God is, and how blessed we are. :)

I blog to connect with others.
 The blogging community is so supportive and caring!   During our struggle with infertility, I connected with so many people going through the same thing.  If not for blogging, I never would have "met" them.  Those girls prayed for me and encouraged me for years.  Connecting with them was such a God-send!  Now, I love connecting with other wives, moms, and women my age.  Some are in different states, others in different countries, but being in the same stage of life gives us common ground.  It's fun to follow along and read about their lives!

I blog for me.
I've always loved to write.  I certainly don't claim to be good at it, but I enjoy it.  Blogging gives me a creative outlet, and it's a fun hobby for me. 

So...why do you blog? :)




No comments:

Post a Comment