Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Blogger's Block

Yesterday, in an attempt to start blogging again, I wrote tried to write a post about our weekend.  Then I read it, and it was just....blah.  That's how I feel about everything I write right now.  I'm struggling with creativity and direction and everything in between. 

It's easy for me to get caught up in what this blog 'should' be.  I feel like I'm being pulled in a million directions and I can't find one that suits me. 

It takes forever for me to finish and publish a post, simply because I need it to be perfect...or as close as it can possibly be.  I feel like every post should be medium-length; not too long, but definitely not too short.   It should have pictures, but not too many.  Why do I feel that way?  Why can't I write just a few sentences and consider that enough?  I've struggled with this for as long as I've blogged, and I'm just over it.  There are huge gaps of time when I haven't blogged, and it's because I haven't had the time to write the kind of post I feel like I should write.  I can spare a few minutes a day to write something, but I just don't have the time to pour over it, edit, reread, and edit again. 

So forget that.  I'm over it.  I like blogging, and, as much as I love looking at the blog stats for readers, I'm really doing it for myself.  I'm going to stop putting myself in a box, and just blog.  Short or long, bullets or paragraphs, pictures or no pictures--I'm just going to blog.  And it will be okay.

Right?
Right.

(End rant to self.)

No comments:

Post a Comment