Sunday, July 28, 2013

It's 3am

...and I must be lonely. 

Not really--I just got the Matchbox 20 song lyrics stuck in my head as soon as I typed the post title. 

No loneliness here; I just can't sleep.  We're leaving in the morning for Charleston, and I never sleep well before a trip.  I'm excited but nervous at the same time--I'm looking forward to spending time with Bradley, but this is the first time we've been away from home without Aniston.  I know she'll be fine (Who am I kidding?  She won't be fine, she'll be having the time of her life with the great grandparents!), but still. 

I've been mapping out our trip for days now because I'm a planner, and that's what planners do...even when it drives their husbands crazy.  We're supposed to tour a jail tonight that's said to be haunted.  I don't believe stuff like that, but I want to see the jail for the history of it, and this tour is the only way to get inside.  Now, though, I'm wondering--what if it is haunted, and what if my scoffing attracts ghosts? 

And that, friends, is why no one should think (or blog) at 3 in the morning.  Irrational thoughts are all over the place.

So, here I am, thinking about ghosts and wondering if I should cancel the tour when I should really be sleeping.  I need to get up early to pack because even though I swore my bags would be ready before I went to bed, they weren't. 

I'm assuming B already knows I won't be ready to leave at the time we're supposed to.  After 6 years and 364 days of marriage, surely he's learned that much.  Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment