Saturday, August 10, 2013

Favorite iPhone Apps

When smartphones first became a major thing, I wasn't impressed.  I thought it was kind of crazy, honestly.  I just didn't see the need for them.  I mean, really, did people need constant access to the Internet?  To email?  To social media?  Those people depended on their phones like they were lifelines. 

Fast forward a few years, and I'm one of those people.  Bradley gave me an iPhone on my first Mother's Day (he also bought himself one for Mother's Day too, but that's another story), and now I can't live without it. (Well, I'm sure I could.  I just don't want to, and that's practically the same thing, right? ;))  I use it constantly, and for--well--everything.  There are so many apps--including lots I didn't even know I needed!--and I'm always looking for new ones to try.

Here are some of my favorites:

1)  Cozi


I am in love with this app and website!  Once you've created an account for your family, you can add adults, children, and even pets.  Everyone can download the app on their iPhone or iPad, use the family account name and password, and--ta da!--you instantly have a way to share a calendar, to-do and shopping lists, and a journal (not sure about that one, but whatever).  It's an easy way to keep up with what's going on during the week.  It's really helpful for us, and I know it would be even more helpful for families with older kids.

2)  Instagram--This is one of my favorite social media apps.  The filters are fun, and I like keeping up with people this way.  I rarely use my "real" camera anymore--it's just easier to use my phone.

3)  Pic Stitch

I love Pic Stitch for before and after pictures.  Or to make collages. Or to compare ages.  Or really anything.  (Side note: That's last summer vs this summer in the pic. Good grief!  Aniston has grown so much in the last year--and gained a whole lot of sass, too.  Ha!)

4)  Flashlight--So this one might seem boring, but it's one of the apps I use most often.  Can't find your keys in your purse in the dark?  Flashlight app.  Sneaking out of a sleeping toddler's room?  Flashlight app.  Power goes out when you don't expect it?  Flashlight app.  The uses are endless.

5)  MyFitnessPal--Everyone knows counting calories isn't much fun.  This app makes it bearable.  It's easy to use and has lots of foods in the database.  Best part?  The barcode scanner.

What are your favorite apps?

No comments:

Post a Comment