Sunday, September 22, 2013

Our Weekend

Happy first day of fall!  I've thrown away the dead ferns, replaced the wax in the candle warmers with fall scents, and pulled fall clothes to the front of the closet.  I'm ready for cooler weather, the fair, and a trip to the pumpkin patch!

We had a great weekend!  Yesterday we planned to go to the annual Apple Festival, but it was cloudy and drizzly, so we went out to breakfast and shopping instead.  I found a dress for Kesha's bachelorette party next weekend!  It's black and short and a little tighter than what I'm normally comfortable with--so it's perfect!  Haha!  Y'all, I normally don't discuss weight on the blog, but it's no secret I've been trying to lose weight since Aniston was born.  It has been a slow process, and I'm still not at my goal weight, but looking in the mirror in the fitting room felt so good!  (I'm still not a fan of my arms, though--if I start lifting weights now, can I tone those up by next Saturday night? No? What?)

I also went grocery shopping yesterday, which normally isn't exciting at all BUT I found a (kind of) nearby grocery store that has a Starbucks.  I'm not sure how I missed this.  So, while grocery shopping, I sipped a Pumpkin Spice Latte.  I think it was the most relaxed I've ever been.  The aisles were wide, the lighting was nice, and it wasn't crowded at all.  I would say this was life changing, but that sounds a little dramatic and we all know I'm never that.  I announced to B that I was going to have a weekly date with this store--alone.  I get butterflies in my stomach just thinking about next Saturday morning.

We went to church this morning (where Aniston spent most of her time looking under pews for the elusive imaginary doggy) and then spent the rest of the day at home.  I made red velvet cookies FROM SCRATCH--and we all know that I'm not a made from scratch kind of girl.  I cannot begin to describe how proud of myself I am.  I also cannot begin to describe the horror of realizing some red food coloring had splattered on the kitchen wall.  See, that's the kind of stuff that never happens with the ready-to-bake break apart cookies!


B cooked ribs and my parents, Eric, and Chelsea came for dinner and corn hole before watching the Steelers/Bears game.  I would've taken pictures, but it was a serious time.  B and I won both games we played.  Turns out, we're a pretty good team.  Who knew?

In other, less-fun and non-weekend news, we found out on Thursday that after seven years of marriage I've managed to give B an ulcer. (Probably because things like the red food coloring disaster happen around here on a regular basis. Ha!) I'm just kidding about me being the cause of it, but, seriously, this has been an ordeal.  He also may have stuff going on with his pancreas and gallbladder, too, but is being treated for the ulcer first.  More tests are coming up in the next few weeks, so any prayers would be appreciated--for both  him and me. ;)

Have a great week, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment