Friday, November 1, 2013

Five on Friday


Happy Friday, y'all!  I'm linking up with Natasha for 5 on Friday.
 
{One} Halloween
Halloween was lots of fun!  Our Tinkerbell was a candy-crazy little thing who insisted all.night.long that she wanted to be a cowboy (I couldn't convince her that she would actually be a cowgirl, not a cowboy) instead of Tinkerbell.  We don't have a single good picture of her in her costume because she didn't have time to stand still for even a minute.  Not to mention that someone ((cough::her daddy::cough-cough) was in a hurry and didn't want to take the time to hear her mommy's picture ideas and critiques.  Whatever.  We may try to take a few pictures this weekend of her in her costume, or I may just say forget it and post the not-so-great pictures we have.  We shall see.

{Two} Fall Pictures
We have a session scheduled tomorrow for family pictures.  I always have such a hard time picking out clothes for pictures.  I declared that I had nothing to wear on Wednesday morning and went shopping that night.  Still not satisfied, I bought a few more things tonight.  (So, basically, if B checks the account between now and 10:30 tomorrow morning, we may not have family pictures.  Ha!)  I'm the worst decision maker ever.  I may have taken lots of pictures in the mirror so I could compare clothes and jewelry.  I also may have used Insta Collage to compare my favorites.  (I thought it was a brilliant idea.)  And, after all that, I still have no idea what I'm wearing tomorrow.

{Three} Mommy-Daughter Date Night
B went out with the guys tonight (to race indoor go karts, because that's what you do when you're responsible men in your thirties), so Aniston and I had ourselves a little date night.  We were going to the pediatrician's office this afternoon anyway for a flu shot, so while we were out we went shopping and had dinner.  It was such a great time!  No tantrums, no whining, no being upset with each other...It was perfect, and I loved every minute of it!


{Four} Christmas?! It's Not Even Thanksgiving Yet!
I'm always amazed by how much we rush things.  On Wednesday, I noticed that the Halloween stuff had already been put on clearance and was being pushed out of the way to make room for Christmas stuff.  Hobby Lobby has had their Christmas stuff out for a couple of months.  I just can't get over it.  So many people overlook Thanksgiving in the rush to get to Christmas.  Well, not here, friends.  Ohh, no.  Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday.  It always has been.  And, around here, we're going to continue to appreciate it.  Our fall decorations will be up until Thanksgiving.  No Christmas lights will be twinkling in our home until we've been properly thankful...and have eaten all the stuffing and turkey we can hold.

{Five} Speaking of Christmas...
My brother already has his Christmas list ready.  (Did I mention he's 24?)  He's planning to email it to me.  Bless him.  He's not showing a ton of appreciation for Thanksgiving, but I love him anyway. :)


1 comment:

  1. I am HORRIBLE at picking outfits for family pictures. I can spend hours looking at ideas on pinterest and then I browse our closets and/or a store and I am so totally lost! Totally ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete