Friday, November 15, 2013

Five on Friday

 Happy Friday!  I'm linking up with Christina today.

{One}
We're three weeks into the time change, and it's still killing me.  I'm not a fan.  All I want to do in the evenings is sit around in yoga pants (which are never used for yoga, by the way), drink hot chocolate, and then go to bed at 7. 

{Two}
Yesterday Eric, thinking he'd be clever, asked Aniston, "What does the fox say?"  Without missing a beat, she told him that the fox says "Oh man!"--because that's what Swiper the fox always says on Dora.  So, there you have it, y'all.  Mystery solved. ;)



...Just in case you've somehow missed the fox craziness, here's the video.  Now you can have the song stuck in your head, too.  You're welcome.



{Three}
We have a Christmas photo mini-session scheduled for tomorrow!  Technically, this goes against my absolutely-no-Christmas-before-Thanksgiving policy, but it's being done in hopes of mailing Christmas cards at a decent time this year.  As in, before the week of Christmas.  B says he doubts that will happen.  Have I mentioned he can be a bit of a Debbie Downer sometimes when it comes to my ideas and plans?


{Four}
Also, Christmas presents do not fall under the absolutely-no-Christmas-before-Thanksgiving policy, because I value my sanity.  Christmas shopping has been a crazy rush the last two years, and I'm not putting myself through that again.  I probably should've started earlier than this, but, if I'm being honest with myself, I would have just lost the presents somewhere in our house by putting them in a very safe place.  That's how I lose most things.  It's better to wait until a tree is in the near future to stash them under.  That's right, y'all--not only is a Christmas tree pretty, it can also be used as an organizational tool.


{Five}
I love online shopping.  Last night, I knocked seven names off our Christmas list--in my yoga pants while watching tv.  I mean, really.  How can it get any better than that?

2 comments:

  1. Hello! I found your blog through Kelly's link up this week. Your daughter is adorable and I'm 100% on board with your enjoying Thanksgiving and not rushing Christmas policy. I've also started my Christmas shopping because who has time for all that shopping in December. Glad I found your blog :) Whitney

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Whitney! I wish I would have done more Christmas shopping earlier--I'm pretty sure I say that every year, though, and never actually do it! Haha! :)

      Delete