Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013

Our last day of 2013 was spent together as a family.  B took the day off work, and--after I spent too much time getting ready, according to him--we went out to lunch and then did some shopping.


There were a couple of meltdowns and tantrums--not from the two year old, by the way *ahem, B, ahem*--and B declared he would never go shopping with me again.

Trust me, the feeling is mutual.

It was a good time.  Ha!

We got home just in time for me to make cookies, throw a salad together, and head to Brooke and Reid's for dinner.  Brooke made a delicious lasagna, and we had a fun night! 

Now, we're home and Aniston is asleep...and so is B.  I'm not sure who fell asleep faster.  :)  So I'm using this time while the house is quiet to think about the year.

2013 was a great year for us.  Aniston had her first haircut and we celebrated her second birthday.  Aniston started dance in the spring...then we dropped out in the fall after she threw tantrum after tantrum about going every week.  We went to Tweetsie, the beach, and Lake Chatuge.  B and I celebrated our seventh anniversary and went to Charleston, where we walked fifteen miles to a boat and a bike taxi saved us from a divorce.  We went to the fair and Lazy 5 RanchKesha and Matt got married.  We had the best Thanksgiving ever.  Getting a Christmas tree was an adventure this year, and Christmas itself was lots of fun.  It was a year full of happiness and fun, and I hope 2014 is even better!

No comments:

Post a Comment