Saturday, December 28, 2013

Christmas 2013

Christmas came and went in a blur.  It always does, though, right?  It was busy and fun and probably the best one we've ever had.

Aniston was so into Santa this year.  She has talked about him for months.  When we took her to see him last week, she was beyond excited--much to the amusement of everyone around us in line.  She pointed and giggled and squealed, "See him?  Do you see him?  I see him!" and talked nonstop.  When she walked up to him, though, she was suddenly shy and couldn't say a word.  Bless her!


So when it was finally Christmas morning, Aniston was thrilled to see that Santa had eaten the cookies and drank the milk she left for him.  She was a little disappointed that he didn't stay so she could see him, but the presents he left made up for that, I think. 

She had a great Christmas morning and loved opening everything.  B and I had the best time watching her!  I just realized that I don't have any pictures of her opening things on Christmas morning because I was videoing the whole time.  B says I can get still shots from the video, so--hopefully--I'll have pictures to share soon.

I'm pretty sure her favorite thing was the Keurig she and B gave me.  Haha!  She was so excited for me to carry it to the kitchen, and was just fascinated by it when we set it up and made hot chocolate for her. And the box it came in was fabulous too!


So, in short, B and I spent a lot of needless thought and money on Christmas.  We should have just given her a box and a pack of stickers.   Too funny.

The rest of Christmas Day was spent at my grandparents' house with my mom's side of the family, then we hosted B's family that night. 

We made so many wonderful memories this year, and I am so thankful for all the blessings we've been given.

Especially the one in the Santa pajamas. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment