Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Christmas Eve

It's Christmas Eve.  The stockings are filled, the presents are wrapped, and the princess is nestled snugly in bed.  I should be sleeping, but the anticipation of Santa and Christmas morning is just too much.  I always thought it was the hardest thing as a kid to wait for Santa, but I've learned that waiting as an adult is so much worse.  

While I try to wind down from the adrenaline rush of putting together a trampoline in a cold garage (and by "putting together" I mean standing there with my hands in my jacket pockets watching B do it), I'm blogging--something I haven't done nearly enough of lately.  Not because I don't have things to tell you about--because we all know I do--but because I've been buried under a pile of receipts, wrapping paper, and ribbon.  Also, I've been busy.  When you barely have time to breathe, you definitely do not have time to blog.

Anyway.  Moving on to Christmas Eve.

Last night (we'll call it Christmas Eve Eve--or maybe the Night Before the Night Before Christmas) we had dinner and exchanged gifts with my parents, Eric, and Chelsea.  It was so much fun, and I loved all of my gifts.  I know that sounds shallow, but it's true and I'm not ashamed to admit it. 

 (picture coming soon)

My Christmas Eve morning was spent putting together candy sleighs, because nothing says "Merry Christmas!" quite like a sleigh made out of candy canes, Kit Kats, and Hershey minis.  Thank you, Pinterest, for making me think I had to do this.

(picture coming soon)

After I had taped/glued all the candy sleighs I could stand, we had the annual Christmas Eve lunch with my dad's extended family.  I have zero pictures because I never take pictures there.  I'm not really sure why, but, now that I think about it, I don't know that anyone else takes pictures there either.

This afternoon, B's parents, Jessica, Adam, and Colton came to our house for Christmas.  There would have been a couple of other families (B's mom's side), but a few people were sick, so it was just the eight of us.  We opened presents and made cookies for Santa.





This evening we went to Mamaw and Papaw's for Christmas with my dad's side.  I love Christmas Eve there.  Per tradition, we watched A Christmas Story after presents.  (Side note--I remember having to wait FOR-EV-ER to open presents there every year.  This year, we had barely finished eating before Papaw announced that Aniston was opening presents and everyone needed to come on.  It's funny how things change.) 

 Annual cousin Christmas picture.  Clearly, I missed out on the height gene.


It was a busy, wonderful Christmas Eve.  I can't wait for tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment