Friday, December 6, 2013

Five on Friday


{One}
I've done a lot of online shopping lately.  I love it.  No crowds, no lines, no hunting for just the right thing.  I like to go shopping, too, but I'm beginning to see the value in doing most of it online.  The Fed-Ex guy has been here every day this week, and the UPS guy even showed up a couple of times too, with present-filled boxes.  Which leads me to....

{Two}
We decorated the outside of our house on Wednesday night in the dark.  It was done out of respect for the Fed-Ex guy who had dutifully climbed over the Christmas decorations I'd piled on the porch on Sunday.  Three days in a row.  Bless him.  I hate that he had to deal with that, but my plan worked: B helped with the decorations.  If I had left them in boxes in the basement, they'd still be there I'm sure.

{Three}
B didn't complain about decorating in the dark, and he even did three loads of laundry on Wednesday night.  He did some grocery shopping on the way home from work today, picked up Japanese food for dinner, and says he's cooking breakfast tomorrow morning.  (Because if we ever have breakfast here, he cooks it.  My breakfast cooking abilities consist of putting waffles in the toaster or pouring cereal into a bowl.)  I know what you're thinking--He must have done all that because he loves me so much and knows how lucky he is to be married to such a fantastic girl, but, sadly, no.  I'm pretty sure it's because he just spent a ridiculous amount of money on a new PA system and sound board for the band and he thinks he's on thin ice.  Which he could be.  That's the thing about thin ice--you really don't know for sure until it cracks and you end up freezing.  Just saying. 

{Four}
In response to his ridiculously expensive purchase, I'll be giving my Christmas list to him this weekend. 

{Five}
I've had my iPhone for over two years.  It's time for a new one.  It's slowing down by the day and it doesn't always recognize my finger taps anymore.  (Does that make sense?  Finger taps?)  It's frustrating, and I want to throw it.  But I'm also practical (and cheap--sometimes) and I know that it's almost Christmas and we have a million other things to buy that are more important than a new phone for me.  Since it still works, I feel bad about going to get a new one.  If it broke, though, I wouldn't have a problem replacing it because, well, it would be broken and that's a valid reason to replace it.  (Are you following my logic here?)  So, thinking that, I took off my Otter Box case (it was beginning to tear anyway) and put on the cheapest case I could find and started letting Aniston play with it more.  That was over a month ago.  It's been dropped, stepped on, and tossed around.  And...nothing.  Not even a scratch.

Apparently, I'm in possession of the only indestructible iPhone ever made.

So I'm still waiting to get a new one until this one just completely stops working, I guess.  Sometimes I hate being practical and responsible and a grown-up.  It's not all it's cracked up to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment