Monday, December 30, 2013

Our Weekend

Last Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday were insanely busy days--lots of cleaning and getting things ready on Monday, followed by lots of Christmas festivities Monday night, Tuesday, and Wednesday.  Since then, we've more than made up for all the rushing around by being ridiculously lazy.  So, in that frame of mind, our weekend was really low-key. 

We spent most of Saturday taking down Christmas decorations and getting our house back to normal--not because I was ready to, but because our tree had stopped drinking water a couple of days before Christmas and was shedding needles like crazy.  Even though I wasn't ready to see it go (I like to leave everything up until after New Year's Day), it was time.

We went to church on Sunday morning, then spent the rest of the day at home.  It was a gorgeous day and it wasn't too cold, so we were able to play outside some.

Bike helmets crack me up.

Around 4:00 I realized that, with the exception of family homes on Christmas and church that morning, I hadn't been anywhere since last Sunday.  Nothing makes you go stir-crazy faster than a realization like that.  Ha!  Aniston stayed with Nana and Papa while B and I made a quick trip to the grocery store and went out to dinner at Mi Pueblitos.  It was kind of like an impromptu date night--not a very exciting one, but still nice. 

Yum!

I took pictures at dinner with this post in mind.  
B can be such a good sport sometimes.

We had a great time just being able to talk to each other.  And I didn't even fuss when he checked his phone constantly for updated football scores. ;)

I'm excited to have another week off with Aniston!  I hope it goes slooooooowly!

No comments:

Post a Comment