Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy 2014!

I swear, the years just keep going by faster and faster.  I'm flummoxed (love that word, by the way) by the fact that it's 2014 already. 

My baby will turn three in 2014.
Our eighth anniversary will be in 2014.
I'll turn thirty in 2014. (Yikes.)

I'm not sure how it's 2014 and all this is happening, but it is. 

I love a new year, though.  It feels clean and fresh and, well, new.  I love lists and resolutions.  I love thinking about how different and better things could be--how different and better I could be--by this time next year.

As always, there are a ton of things I want to accomplish this year.  More than anything, though, I want to be intentional.

That phrase has been running through my mind for a couple of weeks now.  Every time I thought about the new year, that was where my thoughts went.  I'm not the only one, either.  If you Google the phrase or search for it on Pinterest, it's everywhere.

Be intentional.

I want to be intentional with my faith.  I want to make sure I have a quiet time every day.  I want to study God's word more, serve more, and grow in my relationship with Him.

I want to be intentional with my marriage.  It's easy to fall into the habit of just coexisting.  The everyday stuff gets in the way.  This year, I want to intentionally spend more quality time with B (not shopping though. ha!), be supportive and encouraging, and--this last one's tough for me--be intentionally selfless. 

I want to be intentional in my parenting. I want to intentionally pray for Aniston, encourage her, and spend time with her.  I don't want to be distracted by technology or multitasking.  I want to soak in every minute and stage and truly treasure every day with her.

I want to be intentional with family and friends.  Whether it's just a card, call, text, or even a facebook message, I want to stay in touch with and celebrate the people in my life more.  I want to spend more time with the people I love.

I want to be intentional with my words.  I want to really pay attention to the things I say and the tone of voice I use, especially with B and Aniston. 

I want to be intentional with our money.  I want to give more, save more, and use our money wisely.

I want to be intentional with our family's health.  I want to focus more on whole foods and try to limit the processed foods we eat. 

I want to be intentional with my time.  After all, that's where it's going to have to start, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment