Saturday, February 15, 2014

Five on Friday


I'm linking up with Christina today!


{One} Snow
It started snowing on Wednesday around 11am.  After it was over on Thursday, we had over 7 inches of snow.  I couldn't believe how big some of the flakes were!  They looked like huge pieces of paper confetti.  Aniston had never experienced a 'big' snow before (meaning enough snow to actually cover the grass) so it was lots of fun to watch her.  She still wasn't super impressed, but when is she super impressed by anything?!  She had fun playing in the snow on Thursday.  We took her sledding down a small hill in our yard, and she thought that was great.  She didn't want to build a snowman because that would mean she would have to touch the snow, and she wasn't really into that.  Aniston also didn't care to walk in the snow unless she was holding someone's hand.  (It reminded me of the first time she wore Twinkle Toes.  She wouldn't move at all because every time she did they would light up.  Hilarious.)



Schnauzer tracks!

 
She told us she was making sandcastles.  Ha!  
Her Aunt Kesha will be proud--even in the snow, Aniston is still a beach girl! :)

{Two} Lazy Days
I dread making up these days because it will probably mean Saturday school (no fun), but it has been nice having three extra days with Aniston this week.  She's growing up so fast, and I feel like I'm missing out on so many things while I work.  Having extra time for projects and cleaning used to be my favorite thing about snow days, but not anymore.  We've done nothing but play, and I have loved every minute of it. 

{Three} Snow Food
On Tuesday, I wrote about how prepared I was for the snow.  Aniston loves to help cook.  We've made muffins, taco soup, cupcakes, buffalo chicken sliders, and chocolate drop cookies.  It's possible I have gained ten pounds in the last three days, but it's been fun!

Making cupcakes.
 
{Four} The Disney Vault
I have wanted to watch The Jungle Book with Aniston for a long time, but had to wait because it was in the Disney Vault. (Ridiculous vault.  It's a smart business move, but sooo frustrating.)  It was one of my favorite Disney movies growing up, and I knew Aniston would love the animals and music.  It was finally released from the vault on Tuesday--just in time to be a perfect present for our little Valentine!


{Five} Valentine's Day
Valentine's Day has never been a huge holiday for B and me.  We did more for each other on Valentine's Day when we were dating, but since we've been married, it's just not that big of a deal.  I would much rather celebrate days that are important to just us--birthdays, our anniversary, special days in our relationship.  With that being said, our Valentine's Day was pretty quiet.  B picked up Japanese food for dinner (because he knows no cooking/no cleaning is my love language--ha!).  We had a picnic with Aniston in the living room--she loves doing that--and watched The Jungle Book together.  After Aniston went to bed, B and I snuggled up and watched tv.  It was a pretty perfect night. :)

2 comments:

  1. My husband actually picked up The Jungle Book for me too for Valentine's Day! Even though we don't have kids yet, it's what I wanted since you really never know the next time that they'll be available.

    And just letting you know I'm stopping by from Five on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea! Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete