Friday, February 7, 2014

Friday Confessions: Getting to Know You Edition


Happy Friday, friends!

Last week, Leslie started a "Getting to Know You" edition of Confessional Friday, but between going on a date with B and trying to get things ready for the circus so we wouldn't be late on Saturday morning (which didn't work, of course), I didn't have time to blog.  I'm excited to participate in part two, though! 

1. What's your middle name? 
Gail.  That's my mom's middle name, too.

2. If you could live anywhere else in the world where would you live?  
 Anywhere with a beach. It couldn't be too far, though--I rely on/need/love family and friends too much.  I think I'd like to stay in the US, and probably in the South.  Charleston, maybe?


3. Tell us about your guilty pleasures.  
Manicures and pedicures.  Milkshakes from Cookout.  Shopping sprees at Ulta.  TV shows on Netflix.  If given the chance, I have no problem with watching an entire season in a couple of days. 


Speaking of such shows, season 2 will be out next Friday.  Can't wait.

4. What do you like best about your job? 
(I'm probably going to sound a little cheesy/sappy, so prepare yourself.)
I love that I make a difference.  Regardless of what others may think sometimes, I know teachers make a difference in their classrooms every. single. day.  I love seeing a child absolutely beam with joy and pride when she realizes how much her fluency has improved since the beginning of the year.  I love seeing my students' faces light up with "ah-ha!" moments.  I love listening to their stories and sharing in their lives.

If you weren't doing that, what career would you have pursued?
I honestly have no idea. 

5. Five items you'd grab during a fire. (People and pets don't count. Those are a given.)

-our fire safe box.  It has all our important documents, plus CDs of all our photographs.  (I realize it's a  fire safe box, but I'm not sure I believe that.  Better to be safe than sorry, you know.)
-Aniston's keepsake box
-a box of letters and cards from B
-my purse (obviously)
-my phone (because how could I handle an emergency without that?)

6. Marathon running...something you'd like to pursue or just plain crazy? 

Um, no.  I admire people who run marathons, but it's not for me.  A 5K is as far as my running dreams go.

7. If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be? 

Chick-fil-a nuggets and fries with Coke.  And icedream.  (Calories don't count in this question, right?)

8. Last person you spoke to...annnnnd....go!  
Aniston.  She's calling me "your majesty" and begging to stand in the fridge.  Bless.  She's such a strange kid at times.

9. Favorite childhood toy. 
Blue Bear.  I know, I know--I was incredibly creative when it came to naming him.  (I just realized I can't fuss about Aniston naming her cat "Cat" and her pig "Piggy".)  I'm not sure where Blue Bear came from, but he's been around forever.  He's looking a little rough these days, but that's part of his charm. 

10. Breakfast cereal of choice.
If I'm trying to be an adult, Special K Red Berries.  (I pick the red berries out, though.  They're gross.  B has never understood why I would buy it if I don't like the berries, but I like those flakes the best.  They're different from the regular Special K flakes.)  But really, I'm a sucker for sugary, awful cereal--Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Froot Loops, and Cap'n Crunch are my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment