Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Annie's Homegrown: A Review


If you know me, you know I'm not a huge fan of cooking.  I don't really enjoy it, and I'm not very good at it either.  (Just so you know how serious my cooking issues are, Kesha gave me a cookbook titled, How to Boil Water a few years ago.  It was an appropriate and appreciated gift.)

In January, I said that one of my goals this year was to be intentional...and that included being intentional about what my family eats.  That has been a hard one for me because convenience foods are, well, convenient.  It's easy to throw Bagel Bites in the oven, make Hamburger Helper, or--my personal favorite--just go out to dinner.

When Influenster sent an offer for our family to try an Annie's Homegrown frozen meal, I was pretty excited.  Annie's offers lots of organic products.  I had noticed them in the grocery store, but hadn't tried any. 

B and I chose to try the Shells and White Cheddar with Chicken.  The preparation was super easy--remove the meal from the box, place it on a baking sheet, and bake.  That's my kind of dinner prep!


It was really good!  Aniston loved it, and ate all of hers before leaving the table.  (Which is rare, because she's usually more of a grazer.)


We'll definitely be buying it again, and I'm eager to try the other products they offer.  If you're looking for a quick, easy meal that's still healthy for your family, you should give Annie's a try!


Disclaimer:  I received a voucher for a free Annie's Homegrown Family Size Frozen Entree from Influenster in exchange for a review.  All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment