Sunday, April 6, 2014

Birthday Review

I had a great birthday and birthday weekend!

B had class on my birthday, so I knew we wouldn't be able to do anything.  My mom, Kesha, and I had talked about having dinner, but Aniston had played in the sandbox that afternoon, was covered in sand (that's putting it mildly, really), and did not want to take a bath (again, putting it mildly).  I was beyond frustrated and feeling very blah about the whole thing, and called my mom to say forget dinner.  Mom tattled to Kesha (yes, tattled), who then called and told me I was not allowed to cancel (because after this many years, we've earned the right to say things like that to each other).

So I managed to get Aniston bathed and dressed, and we headed to dinner at Mi Pueblitos.  We had the best time with Mom, Chelsea, Kesha, Emily, and Clara!  It  was so fun and just...perfect.  I am so, so thankful to have all these wonderful girls in my life!



B came home from class with several surprises for me, and was so thoughtful.  I'm definitely a blessed girl. 

Kesha's birthday is March 27.  We have always loved our birthdays (no secret there), and celebrating them.  B and Matt tried to plan something this year, but had trouble coming up with ideas.  (We were told they had texts to prove they at least tried.  Bless their hearts.)

Lucky for them, Kesha and I have never had a problem with planning our own birthday celebrations. ;)

Compared to other years, this one was low-key.  The four of us went to PF Chang's on Saturday and it was so good.  






Earlier in the week, Matt suggested we go to The Cheesecake Factory for dessert after dinner.  I told Kesha I knew he was the right guy as soon as I met him, but this confirmed it.  Ha!

I don't have a single picture of the cheesecake because, really, who has time to take a picture of cheesecake?  Just for the record, though, I had the Dutch Apple Caramel Streusel, and it was amazing.

Also, in case you're wondering--why, yes, we did have two desserts that night.  And I was perfectly fine with it.

You only turn thirty once, right?  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment