Friday, June 20, 2014

Five on Friday

Happy Friday, y'all!

{One}
We had lots of fun celebrating Father's Day last weekend.  I'm so thankful for these wonderful men, and wouldn't know what to do without them. 



My daddy, who is the best dad a girl could ask for.  He has done--and continues to do--so much for me.  Even though he's a great dad, I think he's an even better Papa.  I love watching him with Aniston.  Sunday was his birthday, too!




Barry, my father-in-law, who raised an amazing man and gave him a great example of what a husband and father should be. 



And, of course, B.  I thought I couldn't love him more when it was just the two of us, but I was wrong.  He's a fantastic daddy to our little girl.  Aniston has no idea how lucky she is yet, but I do.


{Two}
Last week, B found a snake in the garage.  He just happened to get home a few minutes before me (which never happens), so I'm glad he was the one to find it!  It was a small snake, though, which made me wonder if his mama was nearby.  Shudder.  I refused to park in the garage (or even walk through it) until B checked it from top to bottom and made sure mama snake wasn't hanging around waiting to give me a heart attack.  Thankfully, no other snakes were found and I can safely park in the garage again.

{Three}
Our first week of summer break has been an adjustment.  I had to adjust to dealing with a three year old all day instead of seven and eight year olds, and Aniston had to adjust to being told, "no."  Apparently, I say "no," a lot more often than the great grandparents.  Who knew? 

{Four}
After falling off the wagon, I'm back to working out and using My Fitness Pal (my username is asc10, if you use it too).   The end of school was busy and I was lazy.  Then there were teacher workdays, which meant several days of eating out.  It was a disastrous combination.  No more excuses now, though! 

{Five}
Three is a really fun (and funny) age.  Everything is an adventure, and Aniston has a huge imagination.  She says and does the funniest stuff--like this week when I told her to 'hold her horses' when she was wanting me to do something right then.  She gave me a funny look, then walked to her rocking horse, grabbed its neck, and said, "Got it."  Too funny, and so literal! 

No comments:

Post a Comment