Friday, June 13, 2014

Friday Confessions

I took a bit of an unintentional blogging hiatus for a while.  (Like, a month and a half.  Oops!)   But I'm back!  And what better way to begin blogging again than Confessional Friday?  So, let's confess, shall we?



1.  I confess that while my blogging hiatus wasn't intentional, it also wasn't completely unexpected.  Things are always crazy around here the last month of school. 

2.  I confess that our chocolate lab has been getting out of her kennel by climbing the fence.  We couldn't figure out how she was escaping until we happened to see her do it one evening.  Have you ever seen an eighty pound dog scale a fence?  It's definitely a sight.  Bless her.

3.  I confess I'm excited about summer break....even though I know it won't be too restful or relaxing with Aniston!  Ha!  Seriously, though, I'm planning to soak in every minute of it.  One summer, she'll be grown and I'll be bored again.  I'll rest then. :) 

4.  I confess that living close to family is one of the best decisions we've ever made.  It's such a blessing for Aniston to be able to see her grandparents and great-grandparents pretty much any time she wants.

5.  I confess that it's a simple, quiet Friday night.  At one time, I was never happy staying home.  Now it's where I'm the happiest, and I love that.  Right now, I'm sitting on the screened-in porch and blogging while I listen to B play the guitar and work on lyrics.   Maggie is at my feet, her tail thumping against my chair.  And I'm just...content.  I'm looking forward to the weekend, Father's Day, and a summer filled with nights like this. 

Happy Friday, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment