Monday, June 30, 2014

Our Weekend

We had a really fun weekend!

On Friday, B's band had a gig, so Aniston and I had dinner with Nana and Papa and then watched a movie.  Aniston is in love with all the "Buddies" movies, but Super Buddies is her current favorite.

We spent most of Saturday at home, relaxing and doing a little cleaning and laundry.  Saturday evening, Aniston went to spend the night with Nana and Papa, and for the first time in years, I went to see B play a gig!  Before Aniston was born, I went all the time.  He recently joined a different band as the lead singer (you can check out their facebook page here), and I had been looking forward to seeing them play.  Brooke went with me, and we had a great time!  They played at a restaurant, so we ate dinner there and the food was wonderful.  I had saved calories all day in anticipation, and it was worth it!  The music was really good, and it was fun to have a grown up night.



Since Aniston was away, B and I skipped church and slept in.  It was fabulous.  I felt a little guilty, but it's something we never get to do anymore!  We picked Aniston up, had lunch, and then headed to B's parents house to swim.  I'm still trying to convince B we need a pool of our own....just like I do every year.  This year, though, I have Aniston in my corner.  She kept telling us she wished she had a pool at her house.  Maybe that's the push he needs!  Ha!  She loves the water, and is getting more confident by the day.  She even asked to go under twice yesterday, which surprised me.  It was such a fun, easy-going afternoon, and I loved spending time with my little family!


I'm looking forward to another fun week with Aniston and spending the 4th with friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment