Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Catching Up: July 4th, Our Weekend, and Such

You know, when I envisioned how I was going to spend my summer, I pictured lots of time spent blogging, reading, and doing whatever I pleased.  Somehow, as these visions of long, lazy days danced through my head, I apparently forgot that I have a three year old who has her own agenda and summer plans.  Ha!

Instead of my plans, we've been working on hers--lots of playing, painting, coloring, going outside, and pretending that we (along with the schnauzers) are "super hewoes".  (Side note: At some point, I'm sure I'm going to panic about her "r" sound, but it's just so stinkin' cute right now.  I love it.)

I'm just now sitting down to write about our weekend, and it's Wednesday already.  I'm okay with that, though, because there's lots of living being done around here and, after all, that's the most important thing.

So, let's catch up, shall we?

On Friday, Aniston and I made yummy desserts for our July 4th celebration with friends.  We made a fruit pizza (my favorite dessert ever) and tried to make star sugar cookies.  I say tried because the cookies looked more like blobs than stars.  I'm not sure where we went wrong.  We had lots of fun making them (because any time you give a kid sprinkles, it's a good time, right?), so all was not lost.




We went to Brooke and Reid's for a cookout and fireworks.  We had a great time!  Aniston always loves playing with Kennedy.  We hadn't set off fireworks of our own in years, so that was fun.  I'm pretty sure the guys were more excited about the fireworks than the little girls.  At one point Kennedy yelled, "I am not impressed!"  Ha!



I should also mention that thirteen years ago on July 4, B and I went on our first date.  How in the world has it been thirteen years?!

Aniston was absolutely exhausted, and slept until after 9 on Saturday morning.  Yay!  :)  My mother-in-law's birthday was Friday, so we spent most of the day on Saturday with B's family to celebrate.  We spent the day swimming and then had dinner together.  I don't have a single picture, but it was a fun time!  Aniston and Colton were so cute playing together--I love that they're so close in age.

After church on Sunday, we had lunch at Bojangles' (Aniston's choice), and then did a little grocery shopping.  That night, we had my family over for barbecue and cornhole.


It was a fabulous holiday weekend filled with lots of fun and delicious food!

No comments:

Post a Comment