Saturday, July 19, 2014

Confessional Friday: A Day in the Life



{Last week's Confessional Friday was all about day-to-day life.  I wrote this post last week, but never got around to posting before the link-up closed.  So, I'm posting it this week!} 

I've never done a "day in the life" post before.  Looking back, I kind of wish I would have done a couple of posts like this every year so I could remember what things were like at different times, especially life with Aniston at different ages.  But I guess there's no time like the present to get started with that, so today's the day! 

Friday, July 11

7:30 am--B leaves for work.  Loudly.  Love the guy to pieces, but he can't be quiet in the mornings to save his life. 

8:00 am--Aniston is up, bright-eyed and bushy-tailed.  This girl goes from sound asleep to wide open in about half a second. I try to buy more time by having her crawl in bed with me, but it doesn't work.  After watching less than half an episode of Daniel Tiger, she's up again and looking for her "super pups".  (If you haven't been reading lately, Aniston is a huge fan of the Buddies movies and likes to pretend that she and the schnauzers are super heroes.  Bless those dogs.)

8:20 am--The super pups have been located, and there's a wild game of tag going on in my house. 

8:30 am--Breakfast. Aniston eats yogurt (she calls it "o-gurt") and fruit.  I have a Quest bar.  I'm not a big fan of breakfast foods, and this is an easy and quick way to get a jump on protein for the day.  It's also a "cleaner" type of protein bar.  I love the cookies and cream.  The cookie dough and apple pie kinds are good, too.

9:00 am--I get ready while Aniston watches Super Buddies.  She's distracted by the movie, so the real-life super pups sneak away and try to hide.  They're not very good at hiding.  She finds them quickly and forces them to play dress up with baby doll toboggans and Tinkerbell wings.  I'm sure they're wondering when summer break will be over.

10:00 am--Aniston and I head out to run errands.  We drop by the surgeon's office to pay what is (hopefully) the last bill from my gallbladder surgery, then go to the bank to make a deposit into Aniston's savings account.  The teller doesn't offer her a sucker, and she is beyond disappointed.  (Things like that can shatter a three-year-old's day, you know.)  After the bank, we go to Walmart where we spend $76 on random things.  (Am I the only one who walks out of Walmart every time thinking, What in the world did I buy?!)

1:00 pm--Lunch with Nana, Papa, and Uncle Eric.  We order pizza and Aniston eats a lot. 

2:30 pm--Back home for rest time.  (Aniston is fighting naps with a vengeance right now.)  While she rests, I do a couple of loads of laundry and straighten the house. 

4:00 pm--We have "school time" and practice naming shapes and drawing lines.  We work on the letter 'A'.  I nearly lose my mind and wonder if she'll ever write her name.

4:30 pm--Brooke calls and we make impromptu dinner plans.

6:00 pm--Dinner with Brooke, Reid, Kennedy, and Avery at a local barbecue place.  Yum!

7:45 pm--Home to change clothes quickly, then back out for a run with Brooke

8:00 pm--Last night, we ran at the park and there were bugs everywhere.  We were constantly swatting, we couldn't open our mouths, and they were all over us.  Gross.  Not wanting a repeat, we go to the track at the school instead.  No bugs!  We walk a lap/run a lap for an hour and burn some of those calories from dinner.  Brooke pushes me (which I need because I tend to be a quitter.  ha!), and at one point we run half a mile without stopping.  I'm not a runner, but I'm trying, so this was a big deal.  I leave the track feeling pretty proud of myself. While I'm out, B puts Aniston to bed.

9:15--After I shower, B and I watch a couple of episodes of Mad Men on Netflix.  B always, always, always falls asleep when we watch tv, so after about 20 minutes I'm watching by myself.  One of the characters has gained a lot of weight.  I wonder if she really gained that much for the part, or if it's just one of those fat suit things.  Turns out, I'm not the only one who spent wasted time thinking about it because as soon as I type "did Betty" in Google, the first search suggestion it gives is "did Betty really gain weight".  (Answer: fat suit) 

11:30--I wake B up and we head to bed. 

And that was my Friday.  Riveting, right? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment