Saturday, August 23, 2014

Weight Watchers (Week 0)

So. 

I've struggled weight-wise this summer.  I haven't gained, but I haven't lost either.  I've fluctuated a lot.  I've stuck to using My Fitness Pal, tracking calories and exercising for most of the summer.  Now, I'll admit things haven't gone super well the last two weeks because of being on vacation last week and teacher workdays this week, but, other than that, I've tried to stay on track.

But I'm stuck.  I've been stuck at this weight for awhile now, and I'm ready to move on.  (Down, that is.)  I made the decision to join Weight Watchers just to switch things up a bit, and I'm adding another keep-me-accountable component: the blog.

Does this make me nervous?  Ohhh, yes, it does.  First, I'm talking about my weight, which has always been a conversation topic I like to avoid.  Second, I'm putting myself out there, which means if I fail, you'll know.  While that's scary, it's also motivating, and that's what I'm counting on.

After years of fertility treatments and then a pregnancy, I was at my highest weight ever after I had Aniston.  I was so embarrassed.  I'm still embarrassed when I look back at those pictures.  I truly started making an effort to lose the weight in February 2012, and I lost thirty-five pounds.  I've kept it off, and I'm proud of that, but I want to reach my goal weight.  I've thought about my goal weight for years, but, honestly, I've never thought I could make it.    My current weight is where my body likes to settle, I think, and it seems so hard to lose more.  It's going to take a lot of hard work and determination, but I'm ready to fully commit to making it to my goal weight.  Like I said before, I'm using the blog--and you guys--to hold me accountable.  I plan to post my progress every Saturday.

I can't wait to see what I'm capable of.

Week 0
Pounds to Lose: 25.0


No comments:

Post a Comment