Saturday, August 30, 2014

Weight Watchers (Week 1)

After summer break and a week of teacher workdays, I was glad to get back to a routine this week.  At work, I don't have time to mindlessly munch here and there throughout the day! 

I was proud of myself for packing my lunch four days this week.  I planned ahead, and packed most of it the night before so I didn't have much to do in the mornings.  That was a lifesaver!  I've been a huge fan of Mission Carb Balance tortillas lately.  They're only 2 points plus (most bread is 3pp), and so yummy!  I've been filling them with either chicken or turkey, lettuce, tomato, and light mayo or light ranch dressing.  We always order out on Friday, and I feel like I made a pretty good choice--a personal cheese pizza (thin crust) and a side salad--and still stayed within my points.

Since it was the first week of school, things were hectic and I came home exhausted every day.  I didn't do nearly as much cooking as I had planned, and we ate out once.  What I love about Weight Watchers most is the extra Weekly Points.  I dipped into those when I needed to, and didn't feel like a failure for doing so because it was part of the plan.  (When I was just counting calories, I felt like I had completely fallen off the wagon every time I went over my calorie goal.)  I'm also loving the "free" fruits and veggies.  Knowing that they're 0pp is definitely helping me make better choices.

I didn't work a single time this week.  Eeek!  I'm blaming it on the first week of school, and vowing to do better next week!

I feel like it has been a pretty good week, but I know I can improve in some areas next week.  (Working out being one of them, obviously! :-P)  Even though the loss wasn't as high as I hoped, I'm okay with it.  It's within the 1-2 lb range of maintainable weight loss, and it's a start! :)

Week One
-Lost 1.2 lbs!
-23.8 lbs to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment