Sunday, September 7, 2014

Our Weekend

This weekend has been crazy productive and that makes me so happy!  Since school started, I've felt like I'm barely keeping my head above water.  I feel that way every August/September, and I hate it.  My goal for this weekend was to get caught up on everything and begin Monday as a calm, sane person.  Ha! 

On Friday night, B's band had a gig, so Aniston and I were on our own.  We picked up barbecue and had dinner at Mamaw and Papaw's house with them and my parents.  Mamaw had major back surgery three weeks ago.  The recovery process is going to be long, but she seemed so much better on Friday.  I'm so thankful for that!  After we got home, I sat down and made a list of all the things I needed to do over the weekend.  And when I say a list, I mean a list!  It looked pretty scary when I finished, but I was very specific.  Like, instead of "clean the house", I divided it up into rooms and then tasks for each room.  A little OCD, I know, but so helpful for me.

Bright and early Saturday morning, I set out to tackle the massive list.  I spent the majority of the day cleaning and organizing.  After Aniston and I had dinner (B had another gig), I popped open my school bag and got to work on a few things.  Tests were graded, lessons were planned, and a newsletter was written.  It was an exciting Saturday night. :)

After such a productive Saturday, Sunday was an easy day.  We went to church.  Aniston has been going down to Children's Time on her own, and it's just the cutest thing ever.  I love watching her.  After lunch, Brooke and I went shopping for a few hours.  I found several cute things, but didn't come home with the huge bags I had hoped for. Isn't that the way it always is when you're looking for something?!

Tonight, B, Aniston, and I went out to dinner.  B washed my car.  Aniston and I kept him company and played outside, and Aniston finally mastered pedaling the tricycle!  Bless her, she hasn't been a fan of it before now!  It was such a perfect night for our little family, and I loved every minute of it.  It was the perfect ending to a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment