Tuesday, October 28, 2014

A Random Tuesday Post

Things have been going well here lately.  We've been busy, but happy, and that's what counts. :)  I'm learning (slowly) to cut myself some slack in several different areas.  I tend to be a little OCD at times and give some things more attention than they really deserve or need, and I've realized that I probably need to stop.  I've been making a conscious effort to do that.  I'm also making more of an effort to focus on the really important things.  I hate to use the phrase, "Don't sweat the small stuff," but it sums up what I've been trying to do.  I'm finding balance in my life (which is something I've always struggled with), and I'm happier than I've been in a long time (or possibly ever).  It's nice.

Aniston has a cold, and has been pretty miserable for a few days.  We realized she was a little 'off' after lunch on Sunday when she kept crying over little things or for no reason at all.  Sure enough, she started running a fever yesterday.  Today, I had planned to leave her with my dad, but she was so pitiful this morning.  She cried and begged for me to stay, and that's what I ended up doing.  I always feel so guilty when I take a day off work, but I'm thankful I did.  She came first today, just like she always should. 

I just can't stop thinking about how blessed B and I are.  Aniston is rarely sick, and has only had the typical childhood illnesses--never anything major.  I'm so, so thankful to have a healthy child.  She seems to be feeling a bit better this evening, and I hope she's back to 100% soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment