Monday, October 6, 2014

Our Weekend

It's been over a month since I last wrote a blog post.  I've taken an unintentional break from blogging lately.  I love writing, and I love to document all we're doing through the blog, but, unfortunately, it's always the first thing to go when I'm short on time. 

And isn't everyone short on time these days?  Sigh.

 It seems like there's always something that just has to be done.  Most days, I feel like I'm barely keeping up with just the regular day to day stuff.  And anything extra--like blogging, reading for fun, catching up on tv shows on the DVR, and such?  Forget about it.  I've tried to use the weekends to catch up on cleaning and laundry, but that doesn't leave much time for fun either.

This weekend, I decided I was going to forget that and just go with it.  Who needs a spotless house, anyway?

Friday night, B's band had a gig, so Aniston and I were on our own.  Not wanting to cook since it was just us, I introduced her to the joy of having cereal for dinner.  Since she loves cereal as much as her mama, she thought it was fabulous and such a treat!  Afterwards, we had a movie night and watched Pocahontas II for the third time in the last week.  (I'm not a fan of that movie at all, by the way.  Pocahontas ends up with John Rolfe, not John Smith, and I'm just disappointed even though I understand that it's somewhat historically accurate.) (At one point last week, B and I discussed Pocahontas II.  Because our lives are just that exciting.)  

My mom came to visit on Saturday morning for the purpose of giving Aniston an Elsa dress that she just knew she would love.  She, along with a couple of other ladies she works with--all grandmothers, mind you--giddily bought these dresses for the little girls in their lives on Friday night.  I'm fairly certain that her giddiness was completely due to the fact that, a) the dress sings, and b) the dress would not be kept at her house.  Aniston, of course, loved it and played the song no less than fifty times in the span of an hour. 

We ruined her life later on that day when we told her she had to take the dress off to go grocery shopping.  (Being three is hard, you know.) 

We had lots of family time on Sunday, which was so nice.  We went out to lunch, then to a saltwater fish store.  We added two fish to our aquarium, and I'm crossing my fingers that they make it.  We spent the rest of the evening relaxing at home and visiting with my grandparents. 

It was a really great weekend. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment