Friday, December 5, 2014

Friday Confessions



Happy Friday!  Today's confessions are all of the Christmas variety since that's what is constantly on my mind right now.

{One}
I feel like the biggest Scrooge in the world when I'm decorating for Christmas.  I love the decorations once they're up, but, man, I hate doing it.  We spent last Saturday and Sunday decorating, and I'm glad it's over.  I'm also very Scrooge-like when I'm wrapping presents. It's definitely not one of my favorite things.

{Two}
I can't believe Christmas is 19 days away.  I have a million things to do between now and then.

{Three}
I bought coordinating monogrammed Christmas shirts for Aniston and me.  Go ahead, judge away.  I used to, too.  Haha! :-P

{Four}
Aniston's Elf on the Shelf is still crammed in the back of one of the kitchen cabinets...where it has been for the last year.  The elf may come out this weekend...or the week before Christmas...or maybe the day before Christmas Eve.  I know my limits and am well aware of my shortcomings as a parent.  I will decorate and force myself to wrap presents (whether they'll be presentable or not is questionable, but whatever), but moving an elf every day is asking a bit too much and definitely not something I could start the day after Thanksgiving or the first day of December.  Also, as we learned last year, my elf-moving skills are not very reliable or creative. Haha! Aniston will never talk to her friends about what her elf did because she has (and always will have) the most boring elf on the planet.  Bless her heart!

And that's it for today.

Have a wonderful weekend, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment