Sunday, December 28, 2014

Our (After Christmas) Weekend

I think I've cleaned my house fourteen times in the last three days.

And, every time, it has gone back to being a wreck in five minutes or less. How does that happen?

Does anyone else feel that way?  Is this just the life of a mama after Christmas?  Or is someone out there magically in control of their house again already, after only three days? 

There is so much stuff in our house.  Toys are everywhere.  (For the record, toys were already everywhere before Christmas.  That's part of the problem, y'all.  We've reached a new level of craziness that we didn't even know existed.)   Honestly, when I look around, I feel a little panicky.  We need to do a major toy clean out, but where do you even start?  I tried to do a little of that on Friday, but suddenly everything I picked up was Aniston's favorite toy that she hadn't seen in forever and you can't take that away, Mommy!

Sigh.  The struggle is real.

We went to our last family Christmas last night.  Aniston and Colton played sweetly, which was nice considering there was hair pulling (Colton) and headlocks (Aniston) on Christmas Eve.



B had to be at church at 6:45 this morning for rehearsal, so that left Aniston and me to get ready and out the door on our own.  Normally this is okay, but today it wasn't okay at all because Aniston started playing (thank you, Christmas toys) and didn't have any interest in getting ready at all.  Which was just fabulous.  I ended up saying something along the lines of, "We don't have time to be princesses!  And you don't have time to let down your hair!"  (She was Rapunzel, in case that last sentence made no sense to you.)  To which she responded, "I'm not 'Punzel anymore.  I'm Jasmine.  So I can still play, right?"

Needless to say, we both needed church by the time we got there.

Church was great, and so was our usual Sunday lunch out.  I made a quick trip to the grocery store by myself (!) and now B and Aniston are napping--Aniston because she's three, B because he thinks that's what Sunday afternoons are made for.  They've both slept way too long, but I'm not about to wake anyone up because I'm enjoying my nice, quiet afternoon. :)  (I know this could come back to bite me later, but for now it's really, really nice.)

And that's our weekend. :)  I hope yours was wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment